PDA

View Full Version : Low Fluid

LD92599
06-17-2010, 02:54 PM
I will not google! I go back for another US and NST on Monday to monitor and if it's lower then they will recommend to my OB that i go into the hospital. I suppose it's possible they'd send me directly from the US center to the hospital if that's the case .

Any BTDT?

Katigre
06-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Fluid levels are not static, they can be influenced by how hydrated the mom is at the time as well as baby's position. In your situation I would make sure to drink a lot of fluids in the next few days because that will increase the amount of amniotic fluid for your baby :).

citymama
06-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Just went through it a few weeks ago, and previously with DD1. Main thing to do: stay very very well hydrated - a glass of water every hour should do the trick. At my hospital, they would panic if my levels fell below 6 or so, which they only did the day before I went into labor! My levels were between 6-9 for several weeks before I gave birth, and everything was just fine. They just wanted me to come in weekly to monitor fluid levels and do a NST. Different U/s technicians also came up with different levels - once my OB took measurements that showed almost twice as high as the u/s technician.

Do a search and you'll come up with my similar question from a couple months ago! All the best.

swissair81
06-17-2010, 04:43 PM
Stay hydrated. Unless it's really bad though, they usually wait until 39 weeks to induce for low AFI. I had a scheduled induction for DS at 39 weeks. My good, kind boy showed up 24 hours before I was supposed to be induced. I was very proud of him.

LD92599
06-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I'll increase my water intake (and started to today). I'm not sure what the actual # was; i didn't know to ask!