PDA

View Full Version : Hey idiot inlaw of my brother, it's 3 hours later here!

TwinFoxes
06-18-2010, 12:05 AM
So when you call at 8:30, it's actually 11:30. Just a hint, I'm asleep. What's great is you were asking me for info that I had already texted to the relevant person (not you!) yesterday. AND IT'S NOT EVEN IMPORTANT INFO.

Weird that you say in your message you didn't know about the time difference...how did you learn about it between the phone ringing and you leaving the message? Double weird because you lived in a different time zone than Cali for most of your life. Triple weird that you sounded drunk.

I have my own inlaws, I don't need my brother's idiot inlaws bugging me.

citymama
06-18-2010, 02:52 AM
Oh, I've got one for you. I gave birth on a Thursday late afternoon, got to my room pretty late that evening after stitches and waiting for a post partum room to become available. Didn't get to sleep till close to midnight and of course awoke several times in the night to nurse the baby. 5.30 am, my cell phone rings - a friend on the east coast calling to congratulate me and shoot the breeze. 5 minutes into the conversation, it dawns on her that I sound exhausted - why is she surprised? Not only did I just give birth but hello, it's 5.30 am! Dear old friend with a Phd thought California was 3 hours ahead of DC.

The day after I'm home from the hospital, an aunt called at 7 am on a Sunday morning, also to congratulate me. When I said, it's 7 am, it didn't even occur to her that I was sleeping - 3 days after giving birth, and on a Sunday no less!

Sorry about your BIL! :banghead:

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
06-18-2010, 03:24 AM
How the f-bomb could you NOT know about a time difference. Seriously, LAME excuse.:thumbsdown:

TwinFoxes
06-18-2010, 06:40 AM
Oh, I've got one for you. I gave birth on a Thursday late afternoon, got to my room pretty late that evening after stitches and waiting for a post partum room to become available. Didn't get to sleep till close to midnight and of course awoke several times in the night to nurse the baby. 5.30 am, my cell phone rings - a friend on the east coast calling to congratulate me and shoot the breeze. 5 minutes into the conversation, it dawns on her that I sound exhausted - why is she surprised? Not only did I just give birth but hello, it's 5.30 am! Dear old friend with a Phd thought California was 3 hours ahead of DC.

The day after I'm home from the hospital, an aunt called at 7 am on a Sunday morning, also to congratulate me. When I said, it's 7 am, it didn't even occur to her that I was sleeping - 3 days after giving birth, and on a Sunday no less!

Sorry about your BIL! :banghead:

OK, well you have me beat! :bowdown: I'm surprised you managed to talk coherently!

The thing is, he's not even MY brother in-law, it's my BROTHER's inlaw! Totally unrelated to me! (let me just say, not a PhD in that bunch.)

nfowife
06-18-2010, 09:36 AM
This has happened to us a lot as we live in Italy. 6 hours ahead of EST. We started just turning the ringer off at night because people were calling at all hours to chit chat and we couldn't take it anymore!!

arivecchi
06-18-2010, 11:01 AM
So annoying! My immature self would want to call him at an odd hour too! :icon_twisted:

TwinFoxes
06-18-2010, 11:54 AM
So annoying! My immature self would want to call him at an odd hour too! :icon_twisted:

I was sooo tempted to call at 6am EASTERN, but I took the high road. But it was nice to think about ;)

Twoboos
06-18-2010, 11:58 AM
DH grew up on the west coast, and moved to the east coast about 20 years ago. Twenty years, mind you.

FIL ALWAYS called us at 11-11:30pm. It would make me NUTS, the man is a total flake!!

firemama
06-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Ooh, that is so annoying! Such a lame excuse not to know about the time difference!