PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else useless at work?

LadyPeter
06-18-2010, 12:42 PM
I was so productive through my first 20 weeks. Even with morning sickness, I always started work promptly and got a lot accomplished.

Now...not so much. Maybe it's because I work at home? But I find it impossible to concentrate and just want to work on my registries, paint my nursery, visit these boards (haha) and generally concentrate on the baby.

I have got to get my head in the game. Anyone else having this problem?

elektra
06-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Both times! I was totally useless at the end. I still faked it pretty well though, IMO. ;)

swissair81
06-18-2010, 12:52 PM
This time I've been totally useless. I was so very sick at the beginning. I was on bedrest beginning at 10.5 weeks (because of a subchorionic hematoma) continuing through 24 weeks. Now I am not on restrictions, but I can't walk & I'm tired & cranky all of the time.

lizzywednesday
06-18-2010, 12:52 PM
I had the opposite problem ... my morning sickness impacted the rest of my workload through my pregnancy because I had to miss so much work (or modify my computer time) because I was so sick & miserable.

After week 20, I had other problems w/my baby to deal with that made it stressful & made me easily distracted everywhere!

And I was in the office 4 days/wk. so I don't think it's related to being a WAH person.

Blame your hormones.

twowhat?
06-18-2010, 01:34 PM
I hate to say this here...but 21 months post-partum...still pretty useless...

swissair81
06-18-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm 19 months postpartum & 7 months pregnant. What does that make me?

luckytwenty
06-18-2010, 02:21 PM
I've been pretty good since about 13 weeks--before that I was so tired I just wanted to sleep at my desk!

lizzywednesday
06-18-2010, 02:25 PM
I've been pretty good since about 13 weeks--before that I was so tired I just wanted to sleep at my desk!

I would take regular naps at my desk during my first trimester.

I had no qualms about that as it helped with the nausea I felt while working on the computer.

luckytwenty
06-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Liz, did your coworkers know you were pregnant? I didn't tell till 11 weeks--was trying to act as if everything was "normal." :-P

lizzywednesday
06-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Liz, did your coworkers know you were pregnant? I didn't tell till 11 weeks--was trying to act as if everything was "normal." :-P

I didn't care if they knew or not, I was so miserable and off my game.

I was also having car trouble & the rental DH got through the dealership reeked of cigarette smoke, so I spent the rental period completely nauseated because my commute's an hour+ each way.

Then I threw up in the courtyard at work one day as I was trying to get some fresh air & a smoker lit up behind me. I ended up out sick the next 2 days.

By that point, they had to have known.

jennilynn
06-18-2010, 03:25 PM
I can't stop shopping. This nesting thing is killing my productivity. It's even waking me up at night.

LadyPeter
06-18-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm nesting already too, but I'm cooking and freezing meals, and doing laundry instead of shopping. For once.

ewpmsw
06-18-2010, 08:04 PM
My brain is mush when I'm pregnant. Whatever the cause (tired, hormones, whatever), Mommy Brain is in full effect. Can't remember words, call things by the wrong names, forget things, drop everything... Ack.

creativelightbulb
06-21-2010, 02:53 PM
33 weeks today and I'm having to FIGHT to be productive...

which is frustrating to me because I'm normally sooooo efficient...

at work AND at home...

I make killer "to do " lists that don't get half way finished before I need to sit down or nap...

TOTALLY FRUSTRATING