PDA

View Full Version : Phil and Ted's or Bjorn travel cots?

lowrioh
06-18-2010, 01:17 PM
We have been invited to the beach for 2 weeks this summer and I just realized that I need to figure out where DD is going to sleep. She is generally a terrible sleeper and unless something drastic changes in the next month she won't do well in a twin bed or a toddler air mattress. We need something that will keep her confined. We had a regular peapod when she was a baby and she HATED it. I don't think that she will tolerate it because she can't stand up in it. I just looked and she is much too tall and is above the weight limit for our PnP ... so that is out.
I've looked around online and the Phil & Ted's traveller seems like it might work out for us since the length is listed at 51". The other option I see is the Bjorn with a bed length of 45".
Does anyone have any experience with either of these cots?

Jelly Bean
06-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Yes, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the BB Travel Crib! It is one of my favorite purchases. Worth every penny. You can buy them with BBB or BRU 20% off coupons as they never seem to exclude Baby Bjorn. Our friends also borrowed ours and loved it so much they went and bought their own.

IT ROCKS! The setup alone is worth the cost. 3 seconds and it's open!

♥ms.pacman♥
06-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Yes, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the BB Travel Crib! It is one of my favorite purchases. Worth every penny. You can buy them with BBB or BRU 20% off coupons as they never seem to exclude Baby Bjorn. Our friends also borrowed ours and loved it so much they went and bought their own.

IT ROCKS! The setup alone is worth the cost. 3 seconds and it's open!

:yeahthat:

i got the Baby Bjorn travel crib for an out of state trip. i asked around here and a few ppl recommended the BabyBjorn travel crib. after i saw the video of it being set up i was convinced. Sooo much easier than a Graco PnP, and way more portable.

my BRU didn't have it in store (was online only) but my local BBB had it ($279) and it was on display so i checked it out there. I didn't buy it there though, as that day Amazon had it for $219 (with no tax and freeshipping, couldn't turn that down!)

anyway, we've had it for a month or so, and we've used it for 2 nights at a hotel (we checked it in on a flight) and once during the day when i went to a friend's house for a while. was great. and you don't have to buy the $$$ sheets from BabyBjorn, a regular crib sheet will work just fine (again advice form the gals on this board :))

lowrioh
06-19-2010, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the reviews. I went ahead and ordered the BB on Drugstore.com.
They have them for $220 and 25% bing CB right now. If you subtract to BCB and the drugstore dollars earned it was around $160 after shipping which isn't too terrible.
Hopefully DD will actually sleep in it! If not it looks like they have good resale value so I should be able to recoup some of the money.