PDA

View Full Version : Sorry DH I haven't planned a whole extravaganza for Father's Day

jacksmomtobe
06-19-2010, 08:54 PM
DH is pouting about Father's Day. I told him that we would either make him breakfast or take him out to breakfast and that we could do what he wanted for Father's Day. He feels I have not put any effort into a plan. FU For Mother's Day you took me out to breakfast because YOU really wanted to go out to breakfast and that was it. I've been home this week (where I thought I would have 5 mornings of free time) with one sick kid the whole week and another sick for 2 days (& fighting with his sibling the whole 2nd day). I tried having the kids make stuff when they were home sick and all that happened was two screaming kids. Sorry if I didn't have more of a plan. YOU get to sleep in every weekend INCLUDING on MOTHER'S DAY. Get a grip. We have cards and something Ds made at school but sorry if it was not more elaborate. Every time it's something for him it's supposed to be a production...Birthday is a Birthday weekend. I did a big bash for his latest big b-day. All I get is a card and mabye dinner out ...no gifts. Not that I need gifts but shouldn't the expectations be similiar. It's been a tough week with the sick kids I don't need him acting like a baby. We are going to treat him well tomorrow so relax buddy!

niccig
06-19-2010, 11:17 PM
tell him he's getting what you got - breakfast. If he wants more for FD, then he needs to do more for MD.

We haven't wrapped DH's present yet, and DS said we don't have to as they didn't wrap my MD present. That works for me!

marge234
06-19-2010, 11:28 PM
tell him he's getting what you got - breakfast. If he wants more for FD, then he needs to do more for MD.

:yeahthat:

If he wants father's day celebrated he can act like a father and not like he's a spoiled teenage son.

Oh and you do need a present for MD. It's not too late.

Andi98989
06-20-2010, 09:37 AM
Yikes! :hug: Breakfast is plenty, especially if that's the way he's going to be.

DH completely skipped Mother's Day - completely. Even went so far as to say he didn't think he had to do anything for it. I was the slightly bigger person and got him cards for Father's Day and had my illustrator at work made a "daddy" picture for him in Photoshop that I ordered a 4x6 print of. Less than $1 into the actual gift. :)

JMS
06-20-2010, 11:32 AM
It's a GREAT thing that it's one of the few justices of being a mother: that Mother's Day come first and we can rub their examples right in their faces just a few weeks later :)

hillview
06-20-2010, 06:19 PM
It's a GREAT thing that it's one of the few justices of being a mother: that Mother's Day come first and we can rub their examples right in their faces just a few weeks later :)

:yeahthat:x100 SO SO true
/hillary

crl
06-20-2010, 06:53 PM
I'm sorry. Father's Day sucks here too.

Catherine

R2sweetboys
06-20-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm sorry your DH was being such a baby. He was whining about it the day before??! Yikes. He sounds pretty self-absorbed to me. I guess I have a hard time understanding why he thinks that he should be treated so much better than he treats you on your special days. Have you ever talked to him about this? I'm also blown away that he sleeps in every weekend, including Mother's Day. You need to stand up for yourself! In this house, we take turns with sleeping in. Why should DH get the luxury of sleeping in all the time? Maybe you could sit down and talk with him about how you feel and make some changes. You deserve to be treated well too!

jal
06-21-2010, 11:23 AM
If my children come to me of their own accord, give me a hug and tell me they love me, that's all the Father's Day gift I need...

...and fortunately I don't only get that gift on Father's Day.