PDA

View Full Version : What are you craving?

ewpmsw
06-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Okay, I don't even like hummus that much, but that's ALL I want to eat today. Nothing else even sounds good. For most of this pregnancy, it's been breakfast food (pancakes, hash browns) and red wine. The waitresses at Bob Evans don't even have to ask for my order anymore...:p

luckytwenty
06-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Too bad about the red wine, huh? I could go for that too, but I have a feeling I will be craving it just as much when I'm allowed to drink it again!

My cravings were pretty intense in the first trimester, but now I just have aversions. :-( I remember craving lemon--lemon yogurt, lemon hummus (I eat a lot of that, too!), stuffed grape leaves--anything with a lemon flavor.

Now I just can't stand certain foods and smells. Like meat (except shellfish), peanut butter, coffee and bananas. Smelling these foods makes me ill.

sunnyside
06-20-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm almost done and mostly craved: Carrots, melon of all kinds, almond butter, salad topped with steak, very very cold water, grapes, clementines, and chocolate milkshakes. ;)

Now that I am so close to the end and the weather is really hot, I am craving a lot of lemonade or lemon water, no sugar popsicles and ice cream!! Trying to not eat that though, and stick to melon for my sweet tooth.

LD92599
06-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Not too many cravings per se but definitely going for things i never otherwise did (and the scale unfortunately shows) such as hummus, guacamole, etc. My sweet tooth darn it also takes over - junior mints, frozen!!! Lately i've been making strawberry smoothies w/ fresh berries and ice. Very refreshing.

newg
06-20-2010, 08:32 PM
In the beginning I was craving salty carbs (chips and crackers)....I think mostly because it made my tummy feel better.

Now I'm all about chocolate (I've been getting the mini hurshey bars) and ice cream (every night before bed!).

And I have been wanting red wine too and some yummy mixed drinks........esp. now that summer is in full swing!! Friends gave us a bottle of red as a 'thank you' for something, forgetting that I am pregnant............luckily DH does not drink wine so I told him that the bottle is mine on labor day weekend!! ;)

fumofu
06-20-2010, 09:17 PM
First trimester I had slight cravings for salt, grease, and spicy - a handful of burgers and curry. Third trimester now, and I am craving processed sugar - ice cream sandwiches and chocolate! But overall, I just want to eat a lot. :)

Just started having heartburn though at 33 weeks - so not fun.

swissair81
06-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Actually right now I am craving the ability to throw up. DH and I went out to dinner & I feel BLAH. It was really good though. Totally worth it.