PDA

View Full Version : Gift ideas for 2 yr old girl?

Kaylee31
06-21-2010, 12:49 PM
My niece's birthday is this weekend and I need to get her a present. Her mom says she doesn't really need anything, but I want to get her something. I think mom doesn't want more toys cluttering up her house! Lol. I got her a cuddle n care Elmo for Xmas, and she loved that. I was thinking maybe a doll stroller?

Melaine
06-21-2010, 01:32 PM
If her mom says she doesn't need anything, then I'd be willing to bet she already has a doll stroller. (It is a great gift, and well-loved here). I might go with something like a puzzle or a game. My kids loved Memory from around 2.

Tenasparkl
06-21-2010, 01:55 PM
My daughter is almost 2 and is very into playdoh, mr potato head and anything else that she can do sitting at her table. Books, outdoor stuff (balls, bubbles, sand toys) are also very popular at the moment.

DietCokeLover
06-21-2010, 01:58 PM
I was thinking books or maybe a fun children's cd.

wellyes
06-21-2010, 02:00 PM
No child can possibly have enough books. DD's favorite gift was a little box of Thomas the Tank Engine Books. Sandra Boynton is always a hit too. But not Doggies, for the sake of the poor parents. (The readaloud bits are entirely barks and woofs and arfs).

TwinFoxes
06-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Since it sounds like she has lots of toys, how about something for the yard? My DDs just turned two, and the love playing outside.

TwinFoxes
06-21-2010, 02:03 PM
No child can possibly have enough books. DD's favorite gift was a little box of Thomas the Tank Engine Books. Sandra Boynton is always a hit too. But not Doggies, for the sake of the poor parents. (The readaloud bits are entirely barks and woofs and arfs).

Are my DH and I the only parents who like Doggies? Woof arf ahroof!

Seitvonzu
06-21-2010, 02:42 PM
my 2.5 year old child could NEVER have enough books, when she's done with hers (takes a while) she moves on to MINE :):)

count us as people who have "enough toys" -- we have 3 different baby strollers- the fischer price one(put away already) , an umbrella stroller and a corolle carriage. plenty of dolls with TONS of clothes (she's not that into them) a fully stocked wooden kitchen. a toy piano. a developmental style wooden doll house. the plan toys barn. toys of instruments. tons of art supplies. a market stand & cash register and shopping cart. a rose petal cottage. a toy washing machine. ride on toys. rody pony. a tricycle. legos. TONS of blocks. a big bin of little people. dress up clothes. puppets. stuffed animals. high chair/baby cradle. playsilks. puzzles. trains.

and tons of books. and more things i'm not remembering i'm sure (including no less than 6 tea sets...seriously) and i haven't even gone outside yet (not too much out there, but we live in a townhouse ;)

as someone who has recieved many duplicate gifts already in her child's little life- i would say to ask what the little girl might particularly want or use. if the mom says "nothing" maybe you could say "i was thinking of getting a book or a cd? any suggestions?"

my MIL wanted to buy my daughter the melissa and doug lemonade stand and i'm REALLY glad she asked me first -- i had the "market stand" that target offered 2 summers ago in my storage closet (i got it for like 15dollars on clearance). she thought that she had the "perfect" gift idea- and it wasn't bad-- but can you imagine having two of such a thing? ACK!

newg
06-21-2010, 03:04 PM
I agree with PP about the books.........DD loves her puzzles too.
Crayons or playdough..........Crayola even has a new line out, where the markers and finger paint only show up on special paper, so no worries about a mess!!

ourbabygirl
06-21-2010, 04:17 PM
I second the books and kids' c.d. idea (I'm getting both of those for my niece's 2nd bday coming up). Or how about a magazine subscription to a toddler/ kids' magazine? I don't remember the names of all of them mentioned, but if you search here, you'll find some names. One might be Baby Bug? If you go to the kids' section of the local library, they should have some you can page through and see if you like them.
Or you could do a membership to the local zoo or children's or science museum, if it's within your price range.

HIU8
06-21-2010, 04:55 PM
at 2 1/2 DD was given Pinkalicious. It is her all time favorite book (and we have Purplelicious and Goldilicious now also).

Seitvonzu
06-22-2010, 06:07 PM
my child LOVES "ladybug" magazine... the 35 dollar a year cost keeps me away from it, but if someone gave it to us as a gift, i'd be very happy! :) (she's loved it for several months now...so 2 would have been perfect for her!)

infomama
06-22-2010, 06:11 PM
my child LOVES "ladybug" magazine
and babybug is great too. Dd2 is almost three and she knows many of the poems in Babybug by heart now ('when I was down beside the sea, a wooden spade they gave to me........') It's stinkin cute.

infomama
06-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Are my DH and I the only parents who like Doggies? Woof arf ahroof!
We like Doggies!!

bubbaray
06-22-2010, 06:15 PM
Kids shopping cart?

Corolle Calin doll?