PDA

View Full Version : Receive a $20 gift card when registering at BRU or TRU?

ourbabygirl
06-21-2010, 04:02 PM
Just got a thing in the mail about this! Even though it's our second kid and we did register for the first one, I think I'll do it again just to get the gift card. :boogie:

Thought I'd share, in case it helps anyone else. They didn't offer this to me two years ago when we had DD.

swissair81
06-21-2010, 04:14 PM
I've never seen them offer this before.

ewpmsw
06-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Hmmm. Registered a month ago and it wasn't mentioned. Will have to look into it.

newg
06-21-2010, 08:23 PM
I registered a few months ago too for #2, so I'll have to ask them..........thanks for the heads up!!

I really only registered for #2 for myself, so I can take advantage of coupons and stuff. But if anyone asks, it does give them a tiny list to go off of too.

ourbabygirl
06-21-2010, 09:09 PM
I agree!
What sort of things did you guys register for with DC2? I'd like to get some swaddling blankets, and some boyish or neutral burp cloths, but other than that, I don't know. Do you know if BRU lets you use a registry completion coupon (probably 10% off?) on diapers? If so, I'll probably register for a pack of each size. And maybe one of those calendars w/stickers to record events from his first year.
I'm sure they're doing this to get people to impulse buy and stuff, so I want to have a tiny little list to go off of.

newg
06-21-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm not sure about the diapers..........but they can have such good sales on diapers, plus when they put out a coupon you are also allowed to use a manuf. coupon.
So last time I got diapers they were running a special...buy two boxes and get a $10 gift card....plus on the weekend diapers were $5 off......plus I had two $2 off manuf. coupons (one for each box).....so I got $7 off each box and now have a $10 gift card to use on other stuff, or another diaper purchase next time!

I registered for some new pacis, some new pump stuff, a new changing table pad (DD's is getting really flat), another mattress protector pad (since DD will still be sleeping in her crib) and another monitor for the new baby's room.

ewpmsw
06-21-2010, 10:14 PM
For DC #2, I registered for the things I'm most likely going to purchase myself after she arrives. Since we just had a DD two years ago, there will be no shower. The registry is for anyone who bothers to look, but mostly to help DH and I save some $$$ when we buy needed items after DD #2 arrives. (Here's hoping BRU sends the 10% off completion coupon this time around with minimum hassle!)

Bottle and breastfeeding supplies (nipples, pump parts, etc.), pacifiers, diapers, sleep sacks, nipple cream, new Boppy cover, diapers, a cheap pack 'n play, mats for under the car seats.