PDA

View Full Version : How old for BabyLegs?

smcdonald2
06-22-2010, 07:13 AM
I am perishing from the cuteness of everything on babylegs.com. They say the leg warmers are OSFM, but will they work on a newborn? How big should a baby be to hold them up?

weech
06-22-2010, 07:34 AM
My little guy is wearing them right now... he's 2.5 months (I think he started wearing them around 1 month). They're long -- sometimes I like to cover his feet with them and other times I just scrunch them up on his legs. Super cute! :thumbsup:

citymama
06-22-2010, 07:47 AM
I can't imagine putting babylegs on a floppy new born -I'm a footed sleeper fan for the child that floppy! My DD is 6 weeks old and has pretty much been in one piece outfits since birth. Maybe around 3 months?

Also, there are often deals on babylegs (many posted here) so keep an eye out for them.

lizzywednesday
06-22-2010, 09:05 AM
FWIW, I saw BabyLegs in my local Target for about $8/pair.

I nearly bought some for DD, but she just got a slew of super-cute outfits and such from my ILs friends so I'm having a hard time justifying buying her anything else right now.

Andi98989
06-22-2010, 09:23 AM
I just started putting some on DS as he became mobile; otherwise we did pants or footed sleepers.

I stocked up on them a couple weeks ago when they were available for $2-$2.50 a pair. Score!!

citymama
06-22-2010, 12:16 PM
I just started putting some on DS as he became mobile; otherwise we did pants or footed sleepers.

I stocked up on them a couple weeks ago when they were available for $2-$2.50 a pair. Score!!

Where did you get them at that price? Deal!

blondflava
06-22-2010, 12:54 PM
BabyLegs are great! I had a preemie baby, and a tiny one, and I got some Baby Legs 1 - they're shorter and smaller overall (at Marshalls for like 4-5 or so a while back). My DD was maybe 4 months when started wearing them - but she was a size of a 1-2 month old baby then - they're best for diaper changes :)

Andi98989
06-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Where did you get them at that price? Deal!

The BabyLegs website! There was a post in the Bargains section about it a few weeks ago. http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=360375&highlight=babylegs

There were a ton of them on sale for $5 and then you could get 40% off of an order of $40 or more; the Supersoft were BOGO.

LoveBeingMrs
06-22-2010, 02:31 PM
I actually used them a lot more when my DS was a newborn... now his thighs are too big for them. :p

My MIL hated them, because she said they'd cut off the circulation on his legs. :nono:

SpaceGal
06-22-2010, 05:03 PM
I had DD wear them once her thighs were thick enough to keep them up...about 3 months or so. SUPER CUTE! I also shop the babylegs sales...I don't spend more than $3 for them. On those fall/spring days I just keep a pair in my bag in case it turns chilly.

They are soooo convenient for diaper changes and I like that besides the diaper cover there isn't another layer like there would be if she had tights/leggings on, especially on the warmer days.

I don't live in a very trendy area so she does get some oddball looks wearing them but I don't care I love how they look on her. I can't wait to have her try them on her arms on colder days...maybe I'll borrow hers for my arms!!

LadyPeter
06-28-2010, 09:02 AM
I actually used them a lot more when my DS was a newborn... now his thighs are too big for them. :p

My MIL hated them, because she said they'd cut off the circulation on his legs. :nono:

How can that be? The website shows toddlers and adults wearing them, too! Something to think about, since I expect a chunky monkey.

lizzywednesday
06-28-2010, 11:26 AM
How can that be? The website shows toddlers and adults wearing them, too! Something to think about, since I expect a chunky monkey.

They won't cut off circulation.

I saw a super-chunky LO wearing BabyLegs at my babywearers' meeting & they just looked cute & comfy!

LoveBeingMrs
06-28-2010, 11:36 AM
MIL said that they cut off circulation, because when she took them off, they left marks on his legs (similar to diaper marks).

My LO's thighs are too big for them right now (4 months), but I'm hoping once he's mobile, he'll be able to wear them again. They're SUPER cute! :p

joules
06-28-2010, 01:38 PM
I put DS in his at about 2 months...like pp they cover his toes. I use them for our walks when we put him in the baby carrier...i put them on so his legs aren't exposed to the sun.

Mamabargains has zootie patooties on sale fairly often...however they sell out real fast: http://zootiepatootie.com/category_4/legwarmers.htm

Rainbows&Roses
07-20-2010, 08:35 PM
I put DS in his at about 2 months...like pp they cover his toes. I use them for our walks when we put him in the baby carrier...i put them on so his legs aren't exposed to the sun.

Mamabargains has zootie patooties on sale fairly often...however they sell out real fast: http://zootiepatootie.com/category_4/legwarmers.htm

they are up now - 5 pairs for 18.75 shipped

BayGirl2
07-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Bumping - they are up again on MamaBargains.

The boy sets are so cute, wish I could justify them but DS never wears the ones we have.

pantrygirl
07-21-2010, 08:07 PM
I wear them. lol. Seriously, I wear a pair in the winter and fall months under my coat on my arms to keep them warm while traveling.
I was worried about circulation as well but my daughter loved them and never complained.
It made changing her diaper especially at night that much easier.

peanut520
07-21-2010, 08:51 PM
we used them pretty much since birth. like pp we just scrunched them up... super cute. they are the best for under dresses when it is a bit chilly in the spring mornings and easy to take off when the day warms up.