PDA

View Full Version : Sand, sand EVERYWHERE!!

mm123
06-22-2010, 08:23 AM
DD1's fave activity at daycare lately is the sand in the playground, which means our house has turned into one GIANT sandbox...ugh!! She seems to trail it all evening.

Sand is everywhere- I even found it in our sheets last night. Besides stripping and hosing her down before she walks in the door, I honestly don't know what to do.

Last winter, with all the snowsuits and hats, mitts, etc, I found myself longing for summer. Honestly, between the sunscreen battles and all this sand everywhere, I actually found myself looking forward to winter the other day!!!!

lizzywednesday
06-22-2010, 09:13 AM
We always used baby powder to help get sand off our feet before we left the beach. Would using baby powder on her legs help?

I'd also try leaving her shoes outside until you could bang them out to help keep the amount tracked into the house from her soles down.

HTH!

Myira
06-22-2010, 01:07 PM
I have the same problem with my DD. She has sand in her shoes, inside her socks, sometimes even stuck to her tummy and hair when she's home from daycare. Other than whisk her shoes for full 5 mins to get a handful out and then take her to the bathroom and bathe her, I don't know how else to keep it from getting everywhere in the house.

HGraceMom
06-22-2010, 03:37 PM
A friend of ours dumped the sand out of her twins shoes after school every day for a whole summer - she filled two large costco-sized pretzel jugs & returned them to the director at the end of August!

Those summers, we showered off immediately after school & then headed straight to a nap. I miss those days...

KrisM
06-22-2010, 03:39 PM
We always used baby powder to help get sand off our feet before we left the beach. Would using baby powder on her legs help?

I'd also try leaving her shoes outside until you could bang them out to help keep the amount tracked into the house from her soles down.

HTH!

:yeahthat: and we use a soft brush to brush the loose sand off us. It's nuts though!