PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Bloom Skip Hop--for a boy?

luckytwenty
06-22-2010, 11:15 AM
I LOVE the Cherry Bloom Skip Hop. LOVE it.

I know it's feminine, but the diaper bag is my accessory, no? Like for me to carry?

Would you not get this pattern if you were having a boy?

♥ms.pacman♥
06-22-2010, 11:19 AM
i have a baby boy and was shopping for a new diaper bag this weekend, and saw the Cherry Bloom bag and thought it was very cute and considered it (i love Japanese-style art and cherry blossoms). if u really like it, i would totally get it. as u say, the diaper bag is YOUR accessory :). plus, it's not that girly (it's not pink, it's fairly neutral IMO)

however, i don't know if my DH would have approved it. often times he is against getting anything flowery/somewhat girly for accessories related to DS. especially since he'd have to carry it once in a while. but that is the only reason. if it were up to me only, i'd get whatever i wanted. :)

lhafer
06-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Then get it! Why not? Your son won't remember, and you will be happy carrying it. While it's not totally girly, it is a japanses cherry blossom pattern. But there's no pink. It's grayish/brown and red. I have one myself and LOVE it as well. Get a boy pattern car seat to even things out! :)

arivecchi
06-22-2010, 11:58 AM
The bag is for mom, not the baby. Get it if you love it and just deck out your LO in boyish colors! LOL.

wellyes
06-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Bag is absolutely a mom accessory. Go for it.

luckytwenty
06-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Um, okay, since you all twisted my arm. :-P

I have a plain black Skip Hop (from when my daughter was a baby) DH can use if he truly objects to cherry blossoms.

yournamehere
06-22-2010, 01:13 PM
The bag is for mom, not the baby. Get it if you love it and just deck out your LO in boyish colors! LOL.

:yeahthat:

aajamu
06-24-2010, 01:36 PM
I have 2 boys and used to own a SH Dash in the cherry bloom print. It's really gorgeous. It is floral, but not over the top - no pinks and purples. It's more of a subdued floral. Anyhow, it is one of my favorite SH prints. The only reason I ended up selling that bag was I didn't like the magnet closure - just wasn't strong enough for my needs.

salsah
06-24-2010, 08:20 PM
i don't think that your ds is going to carrying the bag. it doesn't matter if you have a boy or a girl. it is your accessory. you are the one carrying it (or it will be hanging from the stroller). however, you might want to think about whether your dh will want to carry the bag.