PDA

View Full Version : I am loosing my mind.............

newg
06-22-2010, 02:35 PM
I just did a load of laundry with no soap..........so I am now washing the clothes for a second time with soap.
Yesterday I ran errands and went to the doctor in my slippers/indoor flipflops (lucky for me they look like real shoes)

I know this behavior is mostly/completely due to being pregnant, but I am starting to feel a little nutty!!! :dizzy:

Melaine
06-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Hey, at least you have an excuse. Some of us do crazy things when we aren't pregnant.

ewpmsw
06-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Ah, Mommy Brain. Annoying, maddening Mommy Brain. Mine was just starting to get a little better when we found out DC #2 was coming. Now I'm back to square one: can't find the right words for anything, everything I type has typos and crazy spellings, everything is misplaced, including my brain...

KrisM
06-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Hey, at least you have an excuse. Some of us do crazy things when we aren't pregnant.

I have washed one load 4 times in the past 4 days. I kept forgetting to put it in the dryer and it smelled musty by a day later in the washer. It's finally dry now.

newg
06-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Ah, Mommy Brain. Annoying, maddening Mommy Brain. Mine was just starting to get a little better when we found out DC #2 was coming. Now I'm back to square one: can't find the right words for anything, everything I type has typos and crazy spellings, everything is misplaced, including my brain...

this was me too!! Now I can't seem to complete a sentence sometimes and my sis or mom will show up and I totally forget they were coming over!

It's probably going to take even longer to get my brain back with two!!

Melaine
06-22-2010, 07:57 PM
So, today I went grocery shopping and bought a bunch of stuff and rushed to put it all away so we could leave to go to the splash pad. Late afternoon I started pulling things out for dinner and just about drove myself crazy looking for the bag of fresh broccoli and cauliflower. I had just about decided to go search the car when I opened the freezer to get some ice and was greeted by nice frosty bag of frozen "fresh" veggies meant for our salad.
And I'm certainly not pregnant....

ehlana06
06-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Don't feel bad my best friend just found out that for the last two years she has been washing her laundry with Downy. She thought it was laundry soap until her mother set her straight the other day.

ewpmsw
06-22-2010, 08:46 PM
I have washed one load 4 times in the past 4 days. I kept forgetting to put it in the dryer and it smelled musty by a day later in the washer. It's finally dry now.

OMG! Me too! Sent same load through again today for third time...

Beth24
06-22-2010, 09:07 PM
I just keep dropping everything, food in the kitchen, my phone, my keys. Seriously, things keep flying out of my hands! And rolling into places where I can't even reach. As for forgetfulness I cannot even remember all the ridiculous things I have forgotten or messed up per the last few months. Too many to count.

newg
06-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Don't feel bad my best friend just found out that for the last two years she has been washing her laundry with Downy. She thought it was laundry soap until her mother set her straight the other day.

Okay, this is too funny :rotflmao:..........sounds like something my sister would do ;) and she is def. not pregnant.

fumofu
06-23-2010, 03:29 AM
2 months ago or so I thought someone had stolen my wallet while grocery shopping. I felt vulnerable (am I going to lose my baby as easily as my wallet?!), called DH for comfort while trying not to break down, and paced the aisle at the grocery store to check if I dropped it. Had all my credit cards, etc replaced, even though couple months prior I did the same thing because I had changed to DH's last name.

Skip to the present. My parents were helping me clean out my old Corolla to be donated to the Red Cross. My mom runs to me yelling. She found my wallet stuck on the side of the driver's seat. My DH face-palmed and told me I was an idiot. :oops:

smcdonald2
06-23-2010, 08:19 AM
I just keep dropping everything, food in the kitchen, my phone, my keys. Seriously, things keep flying out of my hands! And rolling into places where I can't even reach. As for forgetfulness I cannot even remember all the ridiculous things I have forgotten or messed up per the last few months. Too many to count.

YES WITH THE DROPPING THINGS! What is that? You wouldn't believe all the plates of food I've dropped in the last week.

swissair81
06-23-2010, 08:58 AM
I seriously need to put beepers on everything i need. My phone, my keys, my wallet. I put them down for a second and I lose them. I am terrible.

Beth24
06-23-2010, 10:44 AM
YES WITH THE DROPPING THINGS! What is that? You wouldn't believe all the plates of food I've dropped in the last week.

My mom just told me that she always knew when she was pregnant because she would start to be so clumsy!

GonnaBeNana
06-23-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm convinced that babies eat brain cells and you NEVER get them back! Oh, you can "recover" in the short term, but as your DC's get older, the symptoms reappear. My DD is pregnant now and her biggest problem so far is the pronunciation of words. She seems to be perpetually tongue-tied!

Beth

ewpmsw
06-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Also tired of dropping things. DD and DH are becoming great picker-uppers, because I'm at the point where bending really sucks. Dropped things that aren't critical or likely to make a mess get left on the floor more and more often lately.

When I was pregnant with DD #1, I watched Pregnancy for Dummies and they discussed clumsiness, illustrated by their cartoon preggo lady dropping her keys or something. It was completely ridiculous, but I burst into tears. I'd been dropping stuff for months and was pretty frustrated at that point. (And sooooooo hormonal and emotional. Good-NESS.):shake:

lizzywednesday
06-23-2010, 02:56 PM
There were several times over the winter that I nearly walked out the door topless or in tights/shoes without my dress ... but I'd just chalked that up to being in a rush!

Thankfully other people have experienced brain fog like this!!!

ehlana06
06-23-2010, 03:17 PM
There were several times over the winter that I nearly walked out the door topless or in tights/shoes without my dress ... but I'd just chalked that up to being in a rush!

Thankfully other people have experienced brain fog like this!!!

:hysterical: I've done this too!

lizzywednesday
06-23-2010, 07:23 PM
:hysterical: I've done this too!

You cannot believe how reassuring that is.

ehlana06
06-23-2010, 07:38 PM
I was thinking the same thing lol

lizzywednesday
06-23-2010, 07:41 PM
I was thinking the same thing lol

It makes me wonder what'll happen with my next one...