PDA

View Full Version : How's everyone liking their Purple Prairie sunscreen?

essnce629
06-22-2010, 04:47 PM
It's pretty much sold out everywhere, but I was able to find one site that said they just received a large shipment and have it in stock as of now. I know someone else posted asking if it's possible to refill the 4oz pump bottle with the larger 9oz bottle. I was wondering the same thing. I'd like to keep the smaller pump bottle in DS's bag for camp. Has anyone tried their face stick? I'm thinking of getting that too. What about any of their other products? I see they have a deodarant. I wonder how that is?

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
06-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Waiting for answers, too!

Minnifer
06-22-2010, 05:07 PM
I was the one who posted that - I asked the company and they said it was the exact same formulation so you can refill the pump from the bigger bottle. I just got my order yesterday so haven't tried it yet, but can't wait to do so. I recently bought a couple tubes of ThinkBaby/Sport sunscreen and I *HATE* it - it's awful. It runs (think big white lines in your elbow creases etc) and when DD went in the sprinklers at the park yesterday, my sitter said the sunscreen just ran down all of her and she was streaked in white running down her body - it didn't stay on at all. So irritating!

essnce629
06-22-2010, 05:13 PM
I was the one who posted that - I asked the company and they said it was the exact same formulation so you can refill the pump from the bigger bottle.

Oh good, thanks for letting us know! I just placed my order and I got both the pump bottle and bigger bottle. I also bought the sunscreen face stick and the chapstick. And I decided to try their carrot face cream, orange tea tree toner, honey oatmeal bar soap, baby bar soap, and hand sanitizer as well! Can't wait to get all my products!

Oh, and here's the website that has their sunscreen in stock: http://www.itsnaturallypure.com/Natural-Sun-Screen.html

caleymama
06-22-2010, 05:22 PM
We've only tried it once so far, but I really like it. DDs both commented (w/o any prompting) that they liked the way it felt going on. I guess it was smoother/easier to rub in than the CB we've been using. No funny clumping or running at all and no skin reactions. They wore it swimming and it seemed to work fine. I bought the stick but haven't tried that yet. My big plus is that there's no smell. I'm so sensitive to fragrances and I was a little worried about this, but it's perfectly fine with no detectable smell.

gibas23
06-22-2010, 05:24 PM
i love them. I got the lotion and the sticks. DD preschool teachers love the stick because they are not messy and easy to apply. The lotion is thinner and less whitish than others naturals sunscreen (CA Baby, badger). But my fav is still baby lizzard.

nicoleandjackson
06-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Oh good, thanks for letting us know! I just placed my order and I got both the pump bottle and bigger bottle. I also bought the sunscreen face stick and the chapstick. And I decided to try their carrot face cream, orange tea tree toner, honey oatmeal bar soap, baby bar soap, and hand sanitizer as well! Can't wait to get all my products!

Oh, and here's the website that has their sunscreen in stock: http://www.itsnaturallypure.com/Natural-Sun-Screen.html

Thank you for posting the link! I just ordered the 9.5 oz bottle and the 2 oz stick for DS. I looked up Aveeno Baby sunscreen that we've been using for years on the Cosmetics Database and almost had a heart attack! Yowza!

boltfam
06-22-2010, 11:39 PM

Wow! I can definately handle those prices! Let us know how you like your other products.

mykidsmom
06-23-2010, 01:43 AM
My BIGGEST requirement is that it works when swimming or in water. We have been using CB and like it and plan to try Badger and Vanicream sunscreen, sport spf 35 too. I hope I like them as much. We are blowing through the sunscreen so I keep ordering different ones to try.