PDA

View Full Version : How much do you spend on bday gifts?

chiaminglee
06-22-2010, 04:48 PM
My question is more about if you have two kids, and you go to a kid's bday party, do you get twice the present? If my older DS is invited to a classmate's party and my younger DS tags along, should we bring 2 presents, or just a more expensive present? And if both kids are invited to the party, should each child bring a gift?

nrp
06-22-2010, 05:11 PM
In either situation, we have never brought two gifts. I have a well stocked gift closet, so I may try to pick something a little nicer if both kids are going, but I don't go out of my way to buy something with double the value.

hillview
06-22-2010, 06:22 PM
I've done a larger gift from both or separate gifts.
/hillary

hollybloom24
06-22-2010, 06:50 PM
I have twins and if they are both invited, we bring two gifts.

bubbaray
06-22-2010, 06:55 PM
I think it kinda depends. If its a child both my children know, we bring 2 gifts. If its a child that only 1 knows and the sibling is simply invited, we bring 1 gift, but spend a bit more on it. I used to say we bring 2 gifts, but we've recently had a couple of invites where 1 of the girls d/n have a clue who the birthday child was!

luckytwenty
06-22-2010, 07:19 PM
I don't. We go to so many birthday parties it's insane--I never get cheap gifts anyway and just try to get something nice that the kid will really like. I generally spend $20-25, and with a 4 & 7 year old and parties every weekend, that really adds up.

fattytuna
06-22-2010, 11:16 PM
For the gift itself, I usually set an spending cap and just depends on what the child likes it could be one, or, three items. So for DD's friends' or classmates' parties that DS has been kindly extended an invitation, I raise my spending cap, up to double the amount. If we happened to get two items, I put DD's name on one and DS's name on the other. But if we end up buying one or more than two items, then I put both DD and DS's names on it/all.

But ultimately I think you should just do what you feel is comfortable. If I were on the receiving end, I wouldn't mind one way or the other.