PDA

View Full Version : Cute favor/end-of-year gift idea for my preschool class?

happymom
06-22-2010, 05:58 PM
I would like to give my 4 yr olds something at our end-of the-year party, but it would have to be very inexpensive. I was planning on giving a sand pail (with their name written on it) with a couple cheap summer items (bubbles, sunglasses) in it. However we just had a birthday party for a child in the class and the mom gave these as favors. So, any ideas?

Also, I will be giving every child a collage of class pictures, a diploma, and a cookie with their name in it. It would be nice if they had a bucket/container of some sort to put this all in...which is why the pail would have been perfect. So any ideas for a favor that would also serve this purpose would be even better.

Thanks!

infomama
06-22-2010, 06:05 PM
How about a little tote bag with their names on it? Maybe you could include some fabric paint so they could embellish them as they wish.

nrp
06-22-2010, 06:14 PM
I was thinking tote bags too. Oriental Trading has several for cheap. Here's a couple:

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/processRequest.do?demandPrefix=12&sku=34/737&mode=Searching&erec=2&D=tote&Ntt=tote&Ntk=all&Dx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&Ntx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&y=0&N=0&requestURI=processProductsCatalog&x=0&sd=Large+Hibiscus+Tote+Bags

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/processRequest.do?demandPrefix=12&sku=14/48&mode=Searching&erec=11&D=tote&Ntt=tote&Ntk=all&Dx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&Ntx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&y=0&N=0&requestURI=processProductsCatalog&x=0&sd=Primary+Color+Tote+Bags

alien_host
06-22-2010, 06:15 PM
How about a little tote bag with their names on it? Maybe you could include some fabric paint so they could embellish them as they wish.

This would be cute. I saw some 3 pack of small totes (like 5x5) at Target in the dollar spot. What I saw was pink but they might have other colors.

Michaels or AC Moore would also be a good bet.

Or you could do the sand castle type bucket that makes the castle parts/shapes...slightly different than buckets but similar.

happymom
06-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Tote bags would be great! Thank you all. Unfortunately I don't have time for Oriental Tradings (I need them for Friday) but I will check Target, Walmart, and Michaels.

Great idea. Kids love having their own purses/bags to carry around their treasures in. Thanks ladies!

Or you could do the sand castle type bucket that makes the castle parts/shapes...slightly different than buckets but similar.

Good idea too. Will keep in mind if the tote bags don't work out. Thanks!

octmom
06-22-2010, 06:24 PM
DD's teachers gave each child a small plastic bug hut, probably from the Dollar Store. DD loved it! At the holidays, she gave them each a can of playdoh and a couple of plastic cookie cutters.

bubbaray
06-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Another idea that our former daycare did was t-shirts. Get each child a plain white cotton t-shirt. Get some neon spray fabric paint (Michaels carries it, use a coupon).

Have the kids put their hands on the t-shirt then spray fabric paint in various colors over top of their hands. The t-shirt will have white hands with neon splatter around. Its VERY cute. Easy to do. Dries semi-fast.

happymom
06-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Thanks everyone! I ran to Target and Walmart tonight. Nothing in Walmart. Found the totes in the dollar section- thanks alien_host! I also saw packs of those big plastic cups- 4 for a dollar. I bought the bags and the cups and I'll decide tomorrow what to do. The only reason why I'm leaning towards the cups is because I can wrap them up with cellophane and ribbon, which will look pretty, and also means the kids wont be playing with all their treats that are inside till they get home....their not really good drinking cups but would work great for holding crayons! I'm even thinking of writing "xyz's crayons" on the outside.

DD's teachers gave each child a small plastic bug hut, probably from the Dollar Store. DD loved it! At the holidays, she gave them each a can of playdoh and a couple of plastic cookie cutters.

The play-doh and cookie cutters is a great idea. I'm definitely keeping this in mind for next year....Thanks. Not sure what a bug hut is though.

Another idea that our former daycare did was t-shirts. Get each child a plain white cotton t-shirt. Get some neon spray fabric paint (Michaels carries it, use a coupon).

Have the kids put their hands on the t-shirt then spray fabric paint in various colors over top of their hands. The t-shirt will have white hands with neon splatter around. Its VERY cute. Easy to do. Dries semi-fast.

What a great idea! I was thinking of doing a t-shirt for each child with ALL the kids handprints on it, but the thought was so overwhelming! But the spray paint is a great idea. I'm going to keep this in mind for next year too!

I wish I had posted about this 2 weeks ago so I would have had time to do something more....

Thanks again everyone!!

geochick
06-22-2010, 10:39 PM
My ds's 4yo preschool teacher sent him a personalized post card mid-way though the summer. He was SO thrilled with it...even more than the end of year prize. He kept it on his wall for more than a year.