PDA

View Full Version : ARGH. I should've know better...

sidmand
06-22-2010, 06:33 PM
It's been awhile since I posted about my SIL...I love her dearly but she really is not a reliable person at all.

This week (between school and camp) I planned two MOMS Club activities that would really require a second adult to come with me because I have two kids who really need two adults to watch them. Before planning I asked if she could come because I really needed the help. And I really needed her not to back out and to commit but I was giving lots of notice.

I'm sure you can see what's coming...

I wouldn't be so mad except I was pretty sure she was trying to back out of at least the first one. She was going to come tonight and stay through Friday. First she asked if her boyfriend could come and bond with DH. Um, DH will be at work and I really don't want her boyfriend here for three days! Then she said she was still coming but she had an interview for a temp job on Wednesday afternoon (the activity is Wed. morning) but she'd see if they could move it to Thursday. She's been out of work for 1 1/2 years so I don't want her to miss an interview! She said they couldn't move the day, but they could do it at 4:00 and she could still come. Great. Then she called to say she had looked at the weather and it was supposed to rain, so then what would happen (activity is at the zoo). I said I had looked and there's only a 20% chance of rain there so I think we're good. She said she was leaving momentarily (about 1 1/2 hours away). So DS is asking when she'll be here and I'm saying any minute (cause it's been about 2+ hours) and then my phone rings and she says they called back and have to do the interview at 2:00 and she's so so sorry but she won't be able to come for Wednesday but she swears she'll still be there for Friday.

Argh! I knew very well she was trying to get out of it with all the other calls but I still told DS she was coming and still held out hope. Why oh why did I do that? Now DS keeps telling me he wants to see her and I'm frustrated. Moreso at being lied to than the fact she's not coming. And I'm ready to tell her not to even bother coming Friday (although I did tell her that if she couldn't make both activities that that was the one I really needed her to be at).

KathyN115
06-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Sorry your SIL bailed on you. I am guessing she does not have kids? Because my sister acts that way too. She will make plans to do something with DD, and cancels at least 50% of the time, usually last minute. DD is old enough to notice when she isn't here when she says, and doesn't understand why.

Hopefully everything will work out for Friday - although I don't know if I would even want her to come (but I hold a grudge :))