PDA

View Full Version : Confession

hillview
06-22-2010, 09:00 PM
My dinner tonight was chips (whole grain) and onion soup dip AND a bowl of chocolate frozen ice cream.

What is your confession?
/hillary

MamaMolly
06-22-2010, 09:06 PM
DD1 drinks the last sip of my coffee. And yesterday she told me that my neighbor's espresso was 'waaaaaaaaaaay better than coffee at home'. :bag

For dinner tonight she had a banana and a dish of mint icecream. And a small glass of orange soda. Like how I try to minimize the soda by saying a SMALL glass? Yeah, I'm winning no awards for dinner over here. But her snack was a box of raisins and a mango smoothie (mango and ice) and she had a huge bowl of lasagna noodles and a plain yoghurt for lunch so I guess it all works out. She saved all her crap calories for dinner!

hillview
06-22-2010, 09:10 PM
DD1 drinks the last sip of my coffee. And yesterday she told me that my neighbor's espresso was 'waaaaaaaaaaay better than coffee at home'. :bag

For dinner tonight she had a banana and a dish of mint icecream. And a small glass of orange soda. Like how I try to minimize the soda by saying a SMALL glass? Yeah, I'm winning no awards for dinner over here. But her snack was a box of raisins and a mango smoothie (mango and ice) and she had a huge bowl of lasagna noodles and a plain yoghurt for lunch so I guess it all works out. She saved all her crap calories for dinner!

You are my new hero.
/hillary

LMPC
06-22-2010, 09:12 PM
DD loooooves unsweet tea, and she will pee on the potty if I tell her she can have a lollipop. Alright, there...I said it! :bag

Oh and this morning I fed her cereal while holding her, because she said "up peez!" and I am a totally softy!

MomToOne
06-22-2010, 09:38 PM
I ate half a box of entemants cookies just now. I hid them so I could have them all to myself

LarsMal
06-22-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm pretty sure my kids think there is only one kind of pancake---chocolate chip! Oh well!

Twoboos
06-22-2010, 09:49 PM
For lunch today I had the last of the (whole grain good for you flaxy) tortilla chips, and the rest of the almond rhubarb coffee cake. But the rhubarb was from our CSA so it's all healthy I tell you, HEALTHY.

srhs
06-22-2010, 09:54 PM
I ate a whole bag of TJs chewy oatmeal raisin cookies today during naptime.
I know I should feel :bag:, but I really just feel :18:.

ShanaMama
06-22-2010, 09:55 PM
DD2 looooves beans. From a can. As in Heinz baked beans. Loves them as in I count them as a primary source of protein. :bag
DD1 is now allowed to have a sip of my coffee in the morning. O came to the conclusion that I am a bear before my coffee & she is a bear while I am getting & drinking said coffee. I am thoroughly brainwashing her that coffee makes the world go round. At least I got away with giving her 'coffee milk' this morning aka regular milk with about a teaspoon of my coffee inside.

Don't even get me started on the food confessions for myself. Let's jst say the chocolate babka in my freezer hasn't been lasting the week. I buy it for the weekend (Sabbath) but frozen babka just calls my name all week until it's all gone & I'm buyng another one.

ewpmsw
06-23-2010, 02:51 PM
I've been drinking diet soda with caffeine while pg. Not a lot, but still... Occasionally enough to feel guilty.

DD and I have been to the bagel place for breakfast twice this week.

rlu
06-23-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm supposed to be working.

Dinner two nights ago was a bowl of blueberries and a bunch of oreos (me, not DS)

DS has had more popsicles this last week than in an entire month last summer.

jerigirl
06-23-2010, 05:57 PM
I had 2 donuts and a dozen donut holes this morning after dropping DS off at VBS :bag I finished the donut holes before getting back to the house.

lhafer
06-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Thank you for this thread. It makes me feel, oh so much better about myself!! DD is just now eating a brownie. Right before dinner. But so did I. So what can I say? :bag

And can I say that :bag is my FAVORITE smilie ever!!! I laugh every time I see it.

shawnandangel
06-23-2010, 07:32 PM
DD drinks sweet and unsweet tea and I don't care.
I also let her share rootbeer floats with her uncle
DD loves cereal bars and has about 3 a day refusing anything else. I try to rationalize with myself that its okay because I vary the type: Blueberry, strawberry, mixed berry and apple and cinnamon.

kijip
06-24-2010, 01:18 AM
On my way to 5:30AM fitness boot camp, I got a sausage breakfast sandwich from Starbucks. Sort of defeats the point of boot camp, dontcha think?

SpaceGal
06-24-2010, 02:58 AM
I ate a whole bag of TJs chewy oatmeal raisin cookies today during naptime.
I know I should feel :bag:, but I really just feel :18:.

I do this all time, eat yummy ice cream, chips, cookies when the kids nap...I should "share" but heck it's all mine! Especially the Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

Sweetpea972
06-24-2010, 04:32 AM
I dropped my kids at their My Gym class and went to McDonald's by myself and ordered a Happy Meal. I polished it off with a hot fudge sundae.

SammyeGail
06-24-2010, 04:45 AM
DS N will finish off my Coca-Colas without me noticing. Sneaky thing can reach the straws now. I let him try a sip of my McDonalds Mocha Frape, he came back for another small one but that was it :rotflmao:.

I have been moving around a candy necklace unopened he got for Easter at Preschool. He was doing really well the other day so I opened it for him after lunch. Then I showed how you put it around your neck and eat the little pieces of candy. Big Mistake. Of course I told him to save some of it for later, I was on the BBB and it was gone in 10 minutes.

DS J loves veggies & fruit, not very keen on sweets, likes milk and juice. He eats whatever you put in front of him. Its amazing! They do both like ice water thankfully!

I've given the boys milk and cookies for breakfast. The other night I finished off the last of the double stuffed oreos, there were 8.

Everytime Amazon has Ghirardelli Chocolate Squares on special (6 packs of 5.32 oz bags for $9) I buy 2 of them, here's my :bag.

wendibird22
06-24-2010, 07:34 AM
My lunch yesterday was a piece of rhubarb pie and a mini peanut butter cup. My excuse...I was cleaning my 3 bathrooms and needed the calories in order to face scrubbing 3 toilets!

alien_host
06-24-2010, 09:51 AM
The other day I took DD to McDonalds for lunch (but she drank milk with it) AND then we had take out pizza for dinner (and I gave her carrot sticks)....and I ate basically the same meal, but had soda to drink...AND I had a piece of cake after DD went to bed!

BabyMine
06-24-2010, 09:58 AM
We have been serving Eggo Waffles for our DC every morning.

daniele_ut
06-24-2010, 10:00 AM
We're on vacation and my kids have had hot dogs on the grill for dinner for the past 3 nights. On the upside they have eaten a TON of fruit and whole grain bread while they've been here. Breakfast this morning was a step up with scrambled eggs, blueberries and fresh apple cider.

boolady
06-24-2010, 10:15 AM
I took DD out around lunchtime on Sunday to buy a new toothbrush, since we had accidentally left hers at my parents' house on Saturday. While going to buy said toothbrush, she said she was hungry, so (and I have no idea why) I took her to Dairy Queen and let her have an ice cream cone as her lunch. She was incredulous.

I was just exhausted and wanted to do something fun for her as she had spent the previous two days with us helping my parents move and was about to spend the rest of Father's Day with my FIL (see thread on negativity).

To top it all off, DH was home cleaning the house on Father's Day before our guests arrived. I was kind of sore at him because he insisted that we spend FD with his father and family despite the fact that my parents were moving and needed our help and never ask for our help with anything, despite all of the things they do for us. So when he said, "I'll do all of the cleaning," I thought...you bet your sweet bippy you will!

hellokitty
06-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Hillary, at least they were whole grain, lol.

As for me, I have pretty much been letting the kids rot in front of the TV. DS1 just had surgery on Monday and the doctor doesn't want him running around a lot, plus DH is at conference (aka vacation... see my post on the bitch folder). We'll probably try to do some arts and crafts later, but still. My kids usually watch maybe 1 hr of tv a day, but I don't feel that bad about it right now...

ChefGirl
06-24-2010, 11:45 AM
DS#2 had a bag and half Sunchips for dinner last night plus some noodles. For drink, he had propel fitness water. For desert, Mom had almost 2 yummy Sprinkles cupcakes!

clc053103
06-24-2010, 04:25 PM
LAst night for dinner, I had some dip and about 5 glasses of wine at the neighbor's. DS had half a piece of pizza and some pretzel nuggets. Oh, and a popsicle (him, not me- it didn't go with my wine).

Piglet
06-24-2010, 04:38 PM
My lunch yesterday was bag of chips and an ice cream cone and then I got home and went for Slurpees with the kids!