PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for Reimbursements...

ha98ed14
06-23-2010, 12:50 AM
From a public university, where one cog in Financial Aid cannot do their job with out the poking and prodding of another cog in Student Financial Services and the approval of that cog's superior cog. And then, to whip them all into shape, the Big Cog of Student Affairs from the College of Cogs had to tell the smaller cogs to do their cog jobs back in April. Today, I emailed the COG of Student Affairs because I *STILL* have nothing, and guess what? This COG will be on vacation until July 19th, which means that none of the lessor cogs will be turning between now and then...

Sometimes the idiocy is overwhelming...

Moneypenny
06-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Oh, I sympathize! I worked in Student Affairs for years and then our department was moved to Academic Affairs, which I thought would be an improvement, but I was wrong. We occasionally still shake our heads in disbelief that we are actually wishing we could be back in Student Affairs again. How people think they can go on vacation for three weeks and not have a backup in place or a designee to sign for them is beyond me. I can't be out for one day without leaving a whole detailed plan!

AshleyAnn
06-23-2010, 12:23 PM
My school is done the same way

DH is waiting on travel reimbursement from the Army. We need it now and asked for a status update and were told reimbursements happen randomly and to just keep waiting.