PDA

View Full Version : ---- i ---- need ---- room!!! ----

lalasmama
06-23-2010, 01:56 AM
I need room!

La has had a rough week. Yes, it's Tuesday pm and it already qualifies as tough. She's been super clingy. She's 6yo and wanted to be held and rocked ALL church service long Sunday, then Monday wanted to be snuggled all day. Today, thankfully, it was better, but she still insisted needing to be in my space.

Multiple coworkers came to my desk to chat today. And took f.o.r.e.v.e.r to leave. Seriously friends... I took 8 hours off. It hasn't been weeks. You don't have to try to "make up" for the chat time that I wasn't there for yesterday.

Several of said coworkers above were very nosey as to why I was gone. One even tried to weasel her way into finding out why I was gone. (Hint: If I wanted you to know, I would tell you!)

A casual male friend has taken a shine to calling me nightly. I'm not interested. He's not taking hints.

My landlord is upset that I am moving, so he's trying to be super-nice. Sorry, sir, too little, too late. Evict your daughter and her family, and then we can continue negotiations. Oh, you can't do that? I completely understand. That's why I gave my notice.

My house is full of boxes. We're moving in less than a week. It's like an obstacle course here.

I JUST NEED SOME ROOM!

smcdonald2
06-23-2010, 07:54 AM
Girl, I'm feeling smothered just hearing about all of this. Reminds me of a joke my brother used to make about SPACE INVADERS!!! (As though they were aliens, get it?)

My 2 yr old nephew has started telling people "Back up, back up!" when he feels overwhelmed. I think it's a great strategy.

Take care of yourself. Go for a drive. Make some breathing room, and don't be afraid to ask/tell people to "back up, back up!"

elizabethkott
06-23-2010, 09:16 AM
Sounds like you need a t-shirt with the "This is *my* dance space. This is *your* dance space." scene from "Dirty Dancing" on it!
Hope you get some wide-open spaces soon, mama!!!
If all else fails, start twitching every so often and muttering "vagina". You bet your sweet bippy people will start leaving you alone. (Also a wonderful way to get a seat on the NYC subway.)

Minnifer
06-23-2010, 10:03 AM
If all else fails, start twitching every so often and muttering "vagina". You bet your sweet bippy people will start leaving you alone. (Also a wonderful way to get a seat on the NYC subway.)

:rotflmao: I just had to say this was hysterical! Will think of this on my subway commute later today...

lalasmama - sorry you're feeling this way - it does sound smothering. Moving is a always such a nightmare too. You definitely need a "Calgon, take me away" moment. I hope you get some breathing room soon.

deborah_r
06-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Sorry you are feeling smothered. I often feel that way with my 2 co-sleeping boys and my job and keeping track of everything in our lives! It is hard!

Just wanted to mention, since you are in the midst of it and maybe not making the connection, but La's clingy behavior may be stemming from the impending move. She is probably feeling anxious and insecure about it.

Hope your move goes smoothly and you make some space for YOU soon!

ehlana06
06-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Wow you have just described my week so far. We are moving too and I feel like on top of DS's and DH's moods I'm going to pull my hair out. Either that or lock myself in my bedroom for a few days lol.:hug: I feel your pain and it totally sucks! I hope things start getting less stressful for you.

lalasmama
06-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Sorry you are feeling smothered. I often feel that way with my 2 co-sleeping boys and my job and keeping track of everything in our lives! It is hard!

Just wanted to mention, since you are in the midst of it and maybe not making the connection, but La's clingy behavior may be stemming from the impending move. She is probably feeling anxious and insecure about it.

Hope your move goes smoothly and you make some space for YOU soon!

She's had a rough time, between the move and all that goes with it, an upcoming out of town visit (without me!) to see a well-known and beloved auntie (so that I can get the move done easier), missing a family friend "uncle"-type on a short deployment training... Her little world is upside down right now! I'm trying to give her all the snuggles I can. I had a choice in all this (moving), and she didn't, and I am trying my best to remember that!

ShanaMama
06-24-2010, 07:58 PM
I hope things have calmed down & you've gotten some breathing room. You sound like a more tolerant mother than I am. DD1 loves being snuggled. I sometimes say she would curl up & get right back into my womb if she could. (she is 5). Hugging it out is one of the most effective ways of calming her down when she's overwhelmed, out of control and generally cranky. However. When it comes to the 'hold me hold me' pleas & the constant pulling on my clothes, climbing on my lap, touching touching touching me- that's when I lose it. I just cant take being touched sooo much and clung onto. I call her my clingosaurus. Point- you are a fabulous, understanding & compassionate mama for understanding your La and indulging her in her comfort.