PDA

View Full Version : Ergos on sale today 6/23 on babysteals

wendibird22
06-23-2010, 08:30 AM
http://www.babycheapskate.com/2010/06/23/ergo-carriers-on-babysteals-com-tomorrow/

wendibird22
06-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Bump. Sale just started. Cute patterns. Just shy of 50% off.

Suzanne74
06-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Thinking of doing the black one since I always wear black. Is it a big deal to not have a front pocket? I have a 10mo old and have always wanted one.

Momof3Labs
06-23-2010, 11:11 AM
GOGOGO

I just came here to post this! Pink for 60.50, embroidered black or embroiedered blue for 70.50. When I bought one at the last sale, shipping was around $12, I think, which is still a great price for an ergo!

ETA: I wouldn't think about it for too long. They can sell out fast!

lchang25000
06-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Surprisingly, they weren't even sold out the last time they were on babysteals.com. I remember posting about it and many people on here were able to take advantage of the great deal! I wouldn't wait to buy one...you never know when it's going to sell out!

Glizmo
06-23-2010, 11:16 AM
I've been wanting an Ergo forever but am too cheap to pay full price :p I just ordered the blue embroidered one for $82.57 shipped.

Thanks OP, I'm so excited to try it out!

wellyes
06-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Great price!

Is it a big deal to not have a front pocket? I have a 10mo old and have always wanted one.

I like the front pocket - a place to stick your keys and credit card and a diaper - no need to carry a purse for errands. Having said that I would not pay full price for one just to get a pocket.

Suzanne74
06-23-2010, 11:28 AM
I ended up getting the black one with no pocket. I rather the color I wanted. I wonder if a ergo pouch will attach to it?

Suzanne74
06-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Wow - only black left. Blue and pink sold out already!!

poohbear
06-23-2010, 11:30 AM
Thinking of doing the black one since I always wear black. Is it a big deal to not have a front pocket? I have a 10mo old and have always wanted one.

The black one has the front pocket :)

Suzanne74
06-23-2010, 11:31 AM
The black one has the front pocket :)

Not the one that is listed. At least it says it doesn't

Organic Black Embroidery

This certified organic black cotton carrier has a stunning multicolored iris pattern that mirrors itself to create a butterfly image. Ultra soft, and produced without the application of toxic chemicals, organic cotton is perfect for your baby's delicate skin. The sleeping hood snaps directly onto the waist belt, rather than storing in a pocket. This design was created to enhance the gorgeous embroidery, keeping it visible at all times. *Consequently, this carrier does not feature a front storage pocket.

poohbear
06-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Not the one that is listed. At least it says it doesn't

Organic Black Embroidery

This certified organic black cotton carrier has a stunning multicolored iris pattern that mirrors itself to create a butterfly image. Ultra soft, and produced without the application of toxic chemicals, organic cotton is perfect for your baby's delicate skin. The sleeping hood snaps directly onto the waist belt, rather than storing in a pocket. This design was created to enhance the gorgeous embroidery, keeping it visible at all times. *Consequently, this carrier does not feature a front storage pocket.

Okay, that's weird, because I got the black one last time they had it for a friend of mine (from diapers.com - I had them price match), and it had a front pocket! Let me know when you get it.
ETA- the diapers.com description says that too. So weird. It didn't have the zippered front pocket, but it definitely had a pocket... Hmmm..... Okay, now you'll have to LMK...

creativelightbulb
06-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Unfortunately, I'm not convinced my DH would wear the black one with the embroidery so I'm gonna have to pass on this great deal and buy a plain black one.... ugggggh

I already had someone comment at my baby shower - asking my mother why I'd registered for such a plain ugly diaper bag...it is the ultra light brown hob bag with one strap...looks like a purse to me and I knew DH would carry it... :shrug:

lchang25000
06-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Wow! Already 2 sold out! They must have had way less stock this time than last time.

Suzanne74
06-23-2010, 11:51 AM
Okay, that's weird, because I got the black one last time they had it for a friend of mine (from diapers.com - I had them price match), and it had a front pocket! Let me know when you get it.
ETA- the diapers.com description says that too. So weird. It didn't have the zippered front pocket, but it definitely had a pocket... Hmmm..... Okay, now you'll have to LMK...

It would be great if it did have a pocket. I will let you know. There is a black front pouch on CL for $8 and I will probably snatch that up just in case.

poohbear
06-23-2010, 12:00 PM
It would be great if it did have a pocket. I will let you know. There is a black front pouch on CL for $8 and I will probably snatch that up just in case.

For $8 - definitely!
I swear it had a pocket - I don't remember it having a side zipper one, but a pocket under the embroidery. I will have to call her and ask. (Unless they changed it! Or I could just be confusing it with mine).
I have the plain black one and I remember them being almost exactly the same only hers was softer (mine isn't organic) and mine was more boring looking! (FWIW - the black embroidered is way cuter in person than it is in the pictures IMO - I thought it looked kind of ugly in the pics but in person, I actually think it's cute).

wendibird22
06-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Unfortunately, I'm not convinced my DH would wear the black one with the embroidery so I'm gonna have to pass on this great deal and buy a plain black one.... ugggggh

I already had someone comment at my baby shower - asking my mother why I'd registered for such a plain ugly diaper bag...it is the ultra light brown hob bag with one strap...looks like a purse to me and I knew DH would carry it... :shrug:

Don't worry about your DH. Get a pretty one! I have a plain black one and DH said even that was too girly feeling for him. Must just be the style and all the material cause he'll wear a Bjorn no problem.

GonnaBeNana
06-23-2010, 01:57 PM
I seriously looked at this; especially for the price, but my DD wants to be able to carry her baby facing out when it's old enough and the Ergo doesn't allow for this option. I wish someone would put the Pikkolo's on sale!!!

Beth

wellyes
06-23-2010, 02:03 PM
I seriously looked at this; especially for the price, but my DD wants to be able to carry her baby facing out when it's old enough and the Ergo doesn't allow for this option. I wish someone would put the Pikkolo's on sale!!!

I've had the Pikkolo and the Ergo and IMO the Ergo is the far superior carrier for mom and baby alike - it has an outstanding track record and countless moms love it, while really the Pikkolo's only claim to fame is the facing out option. Baby faces forward in the Ergo in back carry anyway and that's really comfy.

act000
06-23-2010, 02:16 PM
For $8 - definitely!
I swear it had a pocket - I don't remember it having a side zipper one, but a pocket under the embroidery. I will have to call her and ask. (Unless they changed it! Or I could just be confusing it with mine).

I got the black embroidered one the last time babysteals had them - and even though I'm at work, I happen to have it in my car! I ran out and checked - no pockets on the front. If you look closely at the pics, the pink and blue show the hood slightly tucked into a pocket, whereas (this isn't as clear in the pics) the black one has the embroidery actually on the hood, and the straps snap to the waist-belt. I looked under the hood on mine - flat, no pocket.

goldenpig
06-23-2010, 02:23 PM
I've had the Pikkolo and the Ergo and IMO the Ergo is the far superior carrier for mom and baby alike - it has an outstanding track record and countless moms love it, while really the Pikkolo's only claim to fame is the facing out option. Baby faces forward in the Ergo in back carry anyway and that's really comfy.

Thanks for the comparison. I was thinking of maybe getting a Pikkolo but I really do like my Ergo. If I get another Ergo I'll sell my Beco. I'm on the phone trying to get diapers.com to price match the black one so I can get free shipping and returns. Then I'll have a few days to decide if I really want it or not. I'm not too crazy about the girly design/lack of pocket but for $50 less it may be worth it.

ETA: Diapers.com just said they can price match for the 70.50 plus shipping so it will be $84 through diapers.com. Unfortunately it's only good for the exact item (black embroidery). But at least I have 3 days to decide now.

poohbear
06-23-2010, 07:03 PM
I got the black embroidered one the last time babysteals had them - and even though I'm at work, I happen to have it in my car! I ran out and checked - no pockets on the front. If you look closely at the pics, the pink and blue show the hood slightly tucked into a pocket, whereas (this isn't as clear in the pics) the black one has the embroidery actually on the hood, and the straps snap to the waist-belt. I looked under the hood on mine - flat, no pocket.

Thanks for checking, because it's been driving me crazy. I SWEAR it had a pocket, but I must be thinking of mine :6:.... Sorry Suzanne :(
Still an awesome deal even if you have to buy the extra pocket!!!!

I had diapers.com pricematch last time. Since I was ordering it for a friend of mine, it gave me time to get in touch with her and for her to decide. It's actually not as girly as you might think... At least with diapers.com you can return it if you really don't like it!

sunnyside
06-23-2010, 07:33 PM
We got this last time it was on babysteals, and my boyfriend said he would totally rock it! It's not THAT girlie. Anyway, it's such a great deal. :)

peanut520
06-23-2010, 09:40 PM
all sold out :(