PDA

View Full Version : My great lunch.

DrSally
06-23-2010, 03:31 PM
I had a most awesome lunch today, and it was super quick:

Costco has packages of pretty good falafel, threw 4 of those in the toaster oven

arugala, dill and cilantro from my herb plants
grape tomatoes
thin slices of apple left over from the kid's lunch
a scoop of tzatzik from TJ's
a scoop of hummus from TJ's

I didn't even feel the need for any pita (trying to cut back on bread calories), b/c I just ate it like a salad

I assembled the salad while I waited for the falafel to bake. It was super quick and so yummy.

Anyway, I've been losing weight (23 lbs and counting), and part of the reason for the ballooning was b/c I was eating absolute junk whenever I could squeeze time in. This didn't take any time at all b/c I had all of the ingred. ready. So, the moral of the story is that it's possible to eat healthy and fast!

KathyN115
06-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Wow, congrats on the weight loss!

DrSally
06-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks, I'm trying to take better care of myself, overall.

wellyes
06-23-2010, 05:00 PM
That sounds spectacular. Usually it's the "I just ate a big tub of ice cream" posts that makes me jealous, but now I really want that falafal salad!

Bens Momma
06-23-2010, 05:13 PM
Wow, that does sound yummy AND EASY!!! Thanks for sharing and a big congrats on your weight loss, keep up the good work!

PMJ
06-23-2010, 05:19 PM
YUM, I love falafels and don't like to pan fry them b/c of the extra oil. That sounds great!

Congrats on the weight loss; phenomenal !

ShanaMama
06-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Thanks, I'm trying to take better care of myself, overall.

Good for you. That lunch sounds fabulous- as does the weight lost!

DrSally
06-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Thanks guys! The only way that I can personally put something real together for myself to eat during the day is if everything is ready to go. Thus, my reliance on TJ's. I am not the type to make my own tzatzik or falafel, eventhough I'm sure it's relatively simple. Also, having fresh herbs in a pot on hand really ups the flavor.

My new discovery is arugala. We went to a fancy restaurant for breakfast where I had a fritata, roasted potatoes, and an arugala salad. The bite of the arugala was the perfect complement to the more mild eggs and potatoes. It's my new fav green. It was only 1.99 a bag at TJ's.

hillview
06-23-2010, 08:45 PM
WOW you ROCK. Nice work!
/hillary

peanut520
06-23-2010, 08:54 PM
sounds super yummy! i do almost the same salad but i do mint and parsley instead of the cilantro and dill. i only do 2 falafels and the whole wheat flat bread from TJ for a quick sandwich on the go.

congrats! sounds like you are definitely on your way!

Myira
06-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Sounds yummy. BTW what section or brand falafel do you buy from Costco. I have looked in the past and never found any.

DrSally
06-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Sounds yummy. BTW what section or brand falafel do you buy from Costco. I have looked in the past and never found any.

It seems like a relatively new item. I found it in the refridgerated section by the fresh ravioli, chicken sausages, etc. It comes in 2 tubs.

♥ms.pacman♥
06-23-2010, 10:11 PM
that sounds awesome. i love TJs, have always gotten great stuff from there. nutritious but tasty stuff that is different from the regular things u get at most grocery stores. i'd give my right arm to have a TJs nearby (i live in TX now where TJs does not exist :()

congrats on the weightloss, btw! i'm so jealous! :)