PDA

View Full Version : Storyland in New Hampshire...

alien_host
06-23-2010, 03:45 PM
would this be a disappointment if we've already been to Disney World? It's at least a 3 hour drive to get there. DD is 5. I resisted going the past 3 years or so because of my love for WDW and it just seemed like a long drive. Over the past 3 years people we know rave about it and can't believe we haven't gone.

Someone asked us if we wanted to join them later in the summer and I'm on the fence (and DH doesn't really have the vacation days to spare)...I could take DD myself but I wonder if it is worth the 3 hour drive and a hotel night stay if we would be comparing it to Disney. And I don't like driving.

Any thoughts?

Twoboos
06-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Don't have an answer but.... we've also never been to Storyland. :bag It's that 3+hr drive that kills it for me! DDs would be crawling out of their skins!

I have heard nothing but raves, though. I would think it's one of those things you can't really compare, so you won't, kwim? (Ex: Bicycle vs. Porsche - both will get you around town but you can't compare them! :wink2: )

alien_host
06-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Don't have an answer but.... we've also never been to Storyland. :bag It's that 3+hr drive that kills it for me! DDs would be crawling out of their skins!

That drive is a major killer! Good point on not even comparing the two...I just think driving 6 hrs round trip is very unpleasant!

erv917
06-23-2010, 05:18 PM
We were there last weekend. My DD is three but we went with friends whose DDs are four and five and it still seemed great for those ages. FWIW, they had been to WDW in May, and it didn't seem to negatively impact their opinion of Storyland at all. As PP said, they are just two very different experiences. Storyland honestly has none of the "wow" factor of Disney, but it's just a very sweet, fun little place that has the added bonus of being in a really beautiful natural setting.

Also, FWIW, we were told the drive would be 3 hrs, but it took us four plus both ways (driving up Friday afternoon, returning Sunday mid-day). We were traveling from Boston metro west.

HTH!

ncat
06-24-2010, 01:45 AM
Do you have any recommendations for where to stay?
I've been wanting to take DD for the last few summers, and just haven't gotten around to it. DH isn't very enthusiastic about going.

LD92599
06-24-2010, 10:30 PM
We haven't been to StoryLand but we did go to Santa's Village also in NH 2 years ago, so DS was 5 and had been to WDW a few times. As a previous poster mentioned it's a different experience. DS loved it and still talks about it. Definitely a different type of park, very clean, parking right at the gate, stuff like that! I imagine storyland might be similar?

thomma
06-25-2010, 12:33 AM
We've done storyland three years in a row...twice a few months after doing WDW. My kids LOVE it and cannot wait to go back at the end of August. Their first comment last year was how the rides were longer than disney and the wait time was less.

We rented a condo thru VRBO.

FWIW it's a 3 1/2 hour drive for us...but we drive to WDW so it seems easy peasy. :)

Kim
ds&dd- 7!

alien_host
06-25-2010, 10:10 AM
Thanks for all of the input!

Also, FWIW, we were told the drive would be 3 hrs, but it took us four plus both ways (driving up Friday afternoon, returning Sunday mid-day). We were traveling from Boston metro west.

HTH!

OK this really kills it for me...4 plus, yikes!...I don't think we want to drive 4 hours!