PDA

View Full Version : Blogging for Dummies

swrc00
06-23-2010, 05:45 PM
I really want to start a blog. I have know idea how to get started. We have a website we post pictures to and DH said we can use wordpress with it. Help!

lalasmama
06-23-2010, 05:58 PM
I love my www.blogger.com for a beginning blog. Quick and easy to set up and get going.

wellyes
06-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Just go to wordpress.com, click sign up now, and 10 minutes later you can go. The hardest part is picking a blog name LOL.

Sweetum
06-23-2010, 07:39 PM
The hardest part is picking a blog name LOL.
:yeahthat:
and for me what to write about! My fingers always itch to write/type something, but I have nothing to write/type! ideas?

swrc00
06-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Wow, I didn't realize it was that easy. Now I need to figure out what to write and hopefully I won't make errors in my post like know and no. I swear when I am not teaching I make the worst errors.

fattytuna
06-24-2010, 12:21 AM
I just recently signed up for wordpress.com. I used to use blogger.com, but wordpress.com is mobile friendly without any extra work so I switched. Besides blog entries, you can also do simple web pages. So far I've been very happy with it. I know if you have your own website there is a ton of things you can customize by going to wordpress.org. I also have the wordpress app on my iPod Touch.

As for what to write about... I didn't really want to blog because I'm a horrible writer and my writing is simply appalling. So instead, I started a Project 365, or A Photo A Day. If I feel like it, I could write something about the photo(s). It can be as long or as short as I want, or none at all.

The problem is, of course, keeping up with it every day. I try not to kill myself over something that is supposed to be for fun - so I just try my best. I also have a hard time taking just one picture a day when I do have my camera with me.

LadyPeter
06-24-2010, 07:51 AM
I recently started, through Blogger. I love that it's as easy as setting up an email address. That you can "monetize" with almost no effort and you can link to other blogs you follow. Fun!