PDA

View Full Version : Both the Sony Baby Call and Summer Day & Night Video Monitor

sparky
06-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Hello all, I know a lot of good reviews have been written about the Sony baby call and the Summer Infant Day and Night Video Monitor, but I received BOTH at my baby shower and I was thinking maybe I should return one. Baby bargains highly recommends both (not necessarily together). I'm thinking I should just return the video monitor....? if the Sony baby call works so great....I can probably get a lot of diapers and other essentials in exchange for the video monitor....I don't know. Do I really need both? We are expecting our first baby at the end of July. Thanks!!

HonoluluMom
06-24-2010, 01:00 PM
I have the Summer Day & Night Video Monitor and love it! DD sleeps upstairs, so when I'm downstairs, it lets me see whether DD is actually awake versus "grumbling" in her sleep and let's me view her to see if she's able to settle herself back to sleep.

PAfirsttimemom
06-24-2010, 01:11 PM
We're fans of the Baby Call! We actually bought a second when we had DS2, because we still wanted to monitor DS1. The sound is crystal clear with no interference or static, and the range is awesome. I once walked to my next-door neighbor's house (which is not that close--we have a 2.5-acre property) as a test and was still in range. I highly recommend this monitor.

YouAreTheFocus
06-24-2010, 01:59 PM
I would recommend keeping the Summer video monitor, we have the same one and love it. Before the baby was born, my husband put the monitor on our registry and I thought it was a ridiculous waste of money. Now I can't imagine life without it! It is so nice to be able to check on the baby without going in his room to look at him. Sometimes when he's not making any noise, we still want to sneak a peak to put our minds at ease. And when he is making noise, it is nice to be able to see if he looks like he is settling himself or if we need to go help him.