PDA

View Full Version : Best shoes for vacation???

cchavez
06-24-2010, 08:51 AM
So we will be in southern california for about 7 days. We plan on hitting the zoo, disneyland and the beach. What shoes should i get for my kids??? They live in their crocs in the Summer but don't they will hold up to so much walking on vacation and tennis shoes seem toooo hot!!! Keens?? Tevas? Skechers???

Also, what shoes do I wear? I am loving my skechers shape ups and was thinking of taking those. When I took tennis shoes to WDW, it was just too much....I was much more comfortable wearing my reefs. :) And my kids did wear their tennis shoes to WDW and wore them out but it was the Fall so tennis shoes seem too hot for the Summer!

Mikey0709
06-24-2010, 09:23 AM
we LOVE and LIVE in our Keens! But as with all shoes - we always have a break in period with socks just to get used to them and make sure they work out. I definately wouldn't wear new shoes for the first time on vacation!

Mikey0709
06-24-2010, 09:33 AM
we LOVE and LIVE in our Keens! But as with all shoes - we always have a break in period with socks just to get used to them and make sure they work out. I definately wouldn't wear new shoes for the first time on vacation!

DebbieJ
06-24-2010, 09:47 AM
We just spent five days at Walt Disney World and my son wore his sneakers in the parks. We all did.

hillview
06-24-2010, 09:55 AM
We wear sneakers with socks even in the summer when we will be doing a lot of walking. I bring crocs for after the day of walking for dinner/pool etc.
/hillary

Green_Tea
06-24-2010, 09:58 AM
We spent all day in Boston yesterday. The kids walked about four miles between the Aquarium, the Common, the Gardens, to and from the T through Harvard Square to my sister's apartment. One wore Keens, and the other two wore crocs - nobody complained about their feet. I tried to discourage my oldest from wearing her Crocs, but she did seem perfectly fine in them.

What do your kid *like* to wear? Shoes can be such a personal thing - better they be comfortable and somewhat in control of their own footwear than to listen to hours of complaining ;). (I speak from experience!)

boolady
06-24-2010, 10:06 AM
For my DD, she would do best in sneakers and socks (the below the ankle kind that just stop your sneaks from rubbing) or Keens. She seems to be able to wear both of these for hours on end without complaint and I know her feet are well-protected.