PDA

View Full Version : TS3 with 6 yr old- 2D, 3D, or3D IMAX?

jess_g
06-24-2010, 09:06 AM
There are so many optionsfor seeing the movie. I am wondering if the IMAX version will be too much for my 6 yr old. I am pretty sure it's like a they're at a science museum with the giant screen but this one is in a furniture store. I have never been to this theter before but I am thinking it will be too much for my son. The only reason I am considering it is that it's right next to our ot place where we will be this morning.

We could also see it at a regular theater in 2D or Disney 3D. Which version have you all seen with your kids?

Thanks,

Jessica

Mikey0709
06-24-2010, 09:14 AM
My husband took my son (will be 5 in 2 weeks) to the disney 3D yesterday and he LOVED it. This is only his 2nd time at a movie. I was also concerned it would be too much - but it wasn't.

lil_acorn
06-24-2010, 09:18 AM
I took my 3 and 6 year old (just turning 6) and the 6 year old loved the 3d version. 3 year old got antsy and tired of wearing the glasses. I vote 3D

KrystalS
06-24-2010, 09:46 AM
My DD is 6 and she doesn't have a problem with the 3D movies but she hates wearing the glasses. They are always too big and after about an hour she says they hurt her ears. If we have the option we don't usually go for 3D. I don't know how they think those glasses are one size fits all.

hillview
06-24-2010, 09:48 AM
We took DS1 (will be 5 next month) to it in 3D and it was a hit.
/hillary

wendmatt
06-24-2010, 09:57 AM
DD (7) prefers regular D, not 3D! She doesn't like to wear the glasses for a whole movie.

lhafer
06-24-2010, 10:14 AM
My 4 year old LOVED the movie. We saw the 3D version. They have kid sized glasses, so be sure to ask for those. If they don't have them, you will need to break off the back of the part that goes behind the ears. Otherwise when your kid leans back, the glasses come forward off the face.

jess_g
06-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Thanks everyone. We saw the disney 3D version and both kids loved it! My youngest did not wear the glasses but he enjoyed the movie too. I took my glasses off a few times, they are uncomfortable over regular glasses, so I could tell how fuzzy the screen was and it was not too blury. I don't get the craze for 3D movies myself but I did like the movie.

Thanks,

Jessica.

pinkmomagain
06-24-2010, 04:57 PM
We just got back from seeing the 3D version too. Meh...not impressed with the 3D aspect, although the movie itself was great. So far the only 3D movie that I thought was really enhanced by the 3D itself was that How to Train Your Dragon movie.