PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have clothing from Soma Intimates?

ett
06-24-2010, 01:16 PM
There is a semi annual sale online and I saw some things with good prices. Just wondering how their quality is. Do they run true to size? Thanks.

SM23Mama21
06-24-2010, 01:50 PM
I've never purchase anything from Soma, but they are owned by Chico's and Black House White Market. I use to work for Chico's and have owned a few things from BHWM. 95% of the clothing that I have purchased from these two stores have held up well. I would by from Soma. If you don't like it, you can always take it back.

secchick
06-24-2010, 02:11 PM
I just placed my first order yesterday. People here have recommended the vanishing edge undies before. I got a free pair of signature ones with my order and a $10 gift card, but I think the freebie expred yesterday. I got a dress too, not on sale, but there's an additional $20 of $100 code that worked too (7751) and got an additional 5% through fatwallet. I would love to hear if someone has tried the heavenly dress and can review if it's really easy to try the different styles.

lizzywednesday
06-24-2010, 02:17 PM
I have a pair of PJs and a nightgown from Soma, as well as pre-baby bras.

All have held up nicely ... in fact, the nightgown is new because it's fairly nursing-friendly with its cross-front cups and spaghetti straps!

There's a coordinating robe & pair of PJs that I'm considering ordering while the sale's going because it'd be a good idea to have something I can wear around my mom's house when we visit later this summer.

ltmommy
06-24-2010, 04:09 PM
I haven't bought anything from there, but I did make a special trip to try the 7th Heaven Dress. I loved the concept - a dress you could wear 7 different ways - but the material was so thin, like pajamas, that even with Spanx I felt like I looked a little lumpy. I was also concerned it might pill after a while.

ett
06-24-2010, 04:41 PM
I haven't bought anything from there, but I did make a special trip to try the 7th Heaven Dress. I loved the concept - a dress you could wear 7 different ways - but the material was so thin, like pajamas, that even with Spanx I felt like I looked a little lumpy. I was also concerned it might pill after a while.

Thanks for your review of the dress. I was wavering on the dress but think I will skip it.

ett
06-24-2010, 04:42 PM
I just placed my first order yesterday. People here have recommended the vanishing edge undies before. I got a free pair of signature ones with my order and a $10 gift card, but I think the freebie expred yesterday. I got a dress too, not on sale, but there's an additional $20 of $100 code that worked too (7751) and got an additional 5% through fatwallet. I would love to hear if someone has tried the heavenly dress and can review if it's really easy to try the different styles.

Did you size up on the vanishing edge undies?

MamaSnoo
06-24-2010, 09:21 PM
I have the Heavenly dress in the purple. It is not sheer, but it is very drapey. I have found that there are about 4 styles that I really like to do with it, and the others do not appeal to me as much. It packs well and wrinkles fall out after hanging a few hours. I have taken it on a beach vacation and a work trip, and have worn it a fair bit at home. I have gotten compliments every time I wear it, and it is very comfy in the heat. I like that I can vary the way I tie it to be more or less conservative, depending on where I am going. I wash it in our frontloader on the handwash setting, and there are no signs of pills.

ett
06-25-2010, 12:58 AM
I just placed my order. I was pleasantly surprised by how cheap the shipping was. I was confused as to why I had to pay sales tax since there is no tax on clothing in MA. I couldn't quite figure out how they got the tax amount either. Guess I will give CS a call tomorrow. I hope everything I ordered fits. :)