PDA

View Full Version : Crib s/o- do you check your crib regularly for safety?

SnuggleBuggles
06-24-2010, 01:26 PM
In the crib recall thread people mention checking the crib often, tightening regularly. I was wondering how many people really do that. I don't. Dh assembled it correctly (he's reliable that way) but we haven't readjusted or tightened things since then.

Beth

crl
06-24-2010, 01:58 PM
I voted no, although dd is only ten weeks old. DH did check ds's crib, although I don't know how often. Dd's is a fixed side Ikea crib that we put together.

For those who check, what do you do? Look at certain parts? Shake it? Get out the tool box and see if you can tighten anything?

Catherine

HonoluluMom
06-24-2010, 02:05 PM
I voted no, but this is a good reminder to check the crib. I paid the store where I bought the crib from to put it together, but I think my Dad is handy enough to check it for me!

mamicka
06-24-2010, 02:45 PM
I voted no, although dd is only ten weeks old. DH did check ds's crib, although I don't know how often. Dd's is a fixed side Ikea crib that we put together.

For those who check, what do you do? Look at certain parts? Shake it? Get out the tool box and see if you can tighten anything?

Catherine

Shake it. See if any screws look loose & tighten them. Look at all plastic parts to see if anything is broken/cracked. I usually have DH do the tightening - he has much stronger hands than I do. The only time things have been loose are a few months after I've tightened. Once DH tightens, they don't loosen-up.

arivecchi
06-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Shake it. See if any screws look loose & tighten them. :yeahthat:

ThreeofUs
06-24-2010, 02:54 PM
I check ours probably too often. It's very well constructed (one of the Sorelle cribs that was never recalled) but I'm afraid of it coming apart.

I check/tighten the bolts at every season change (you know, here in NE Ohio, we only have winter and then traffic cone seasons?) Seriously, whenever I know the temp/humidity could cause the wood to shrink or expand.

ett
06-24-2010, 04:09 PM
I voted yes because we've had a screw come loose before, so now it's a habit for me to check it regularly.