PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a steam cleaner on bathroom grout?

chlobo
06-24-2010, 01:54 PM
So I need something to really clean my grout. Someone recommended a steam cleaner. Anyone use one? Have a recommendation?

LMPC
06-24-2010, 01:59 PM
Oooh, watching this thread with anticipation....have been wanting to get our grout cleaned professionally with a steamer....thanks for posting OP!

YouAreTheFocus
06-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Oooh, watching this thread with anticipation....have been wanting to get our grout cleaned professionally with a steamer....thanks for posting OP!

Me too! Ours is so gross, and we have tile covering half the house. It is an eternal thorn in my side.

Andi98989
06-24-2010, 02:04 PM
My mom has the BISSELL Steam Shot and loves it!! She uses it for stuff like that all the time. Works great!

HIU8
06-24-2010, 02:06 PM
We borrowed my dad's Shark steam cleaner. It worked amazingly. You have reminded me that I really do need to borrow it again. It just did such a great job.

m448
06-24-2010, 02:13 PM
http://www.myvaporclean.com/

about three years ago we bought the red version of the steam cleaner on here (they've recently updated it). I was finally getting rid of the cleaning lady but told DH that I'd only do that if we got a steam cleaner for cleaning the bathrooms. I use mostly just the steam and a spritz of vinegar/hydrogen peroxide to clean the whole bathroom. The vapor cleaner is pretty powerful on its own and will blast stuff right off. However I only have grout along edges of fixtures since our bath/showers are fiberglass and continuous pieces so no tile.