PDA

View Full Version : GAP Sale - 40% OFF

ChefGirl
06-24-2010, 02:12 PM
I bought some stuff last night at the Women's thinking the 40% off was the last day. Well, I accidentally drove by the Gap store during lunch hour and saw the sign got changed. Now, it's 40% off on every sale items. They even mark down some more on some of the items that I purchased last night. I got some women's polo shirt for $3.59 after disct and girls' tie-dyed sun dresses for $5.39.....check it out....

nebwhit
06-24-2010, 02:36 PM
So I can get a price adjustment for stuff bought when it was 25% off just the other day?

ChefGirl
06-24-2010, 02:48 PM
So I can get a price adjustment for stuff bought when it was 25% off just the other day?

Interesting question! I would assume you could unless the item was a "final sale" item....you think?

SpaceGal
06-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Argh I've been to GAP way to much in the last week...our store has it too so I have to go back to get my price adjustment. And here I was debating about returning stuff because I felt guilty about all that I got!! I might go back and get some jeans for my DS though...cuz I miss calculated what sizes he needed. Darn these stupid sales...and I have to drag three kids!! I'll have to arm myself with crazy snacks! Thank goodness DH isn't home if not he'd think I'm crazy!!

JanBaby
06-24-2010, 02:49 PM
I just called and confirmed that my Gap is at 40% off too. It didn't stay at 25% very long. I totally forgot to ask if we could get a price adjustment so I'll be anxious if anyone knows!

SpaceGal
06-24-2010, 03:09 PM
I just called and confirmed that my Gap is at 40% off too. It didn't stay at 25% very long. I totally forgot to ask if we could get a price adjustment so I'll be anxious if anyone knows!

7 days go back quick!! It used to be 14 days...but I guess they changed that. I have to run back today cuz I purchased on the 17th! I calculated my savings and it's like $20 I have to get an adjustment.

lchang25000
06-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Thanks! Will be stopping by the mall today.

newnana
06-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Yep! I got jeans today for DD for $4.18 for this fall and next year. Hooray! Thank you

WolfpackMom
06-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Definitely going back for a price adjustment on the items I got on Monday...and perhaps to shop a little more :P

nellonello
06-24-2010, 06:52 PM
This is going on at the Gap Outlet as well. Just got back from shopping (for me) and got 4 pairs of jeans (5.50ea!!), 6 pairs of capris and 9 shirts (some as low as 91 cents!!) for $88. Retail was $586!!!!

marymoo86
06-24-2010, 08:55 PM
Got a price adjustment - no questions asked just automatic. Saved another $22 bucks on maternity clothes....yippee!!

JanBaby
06-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the info - I guess I have to go back to the Gap tomorrow even though my price adjustment is like $5...

SammyeGail
06-24-2010, 09:02 PM
Dang! I wish the Gap store wasn't so far away. Got some 'skinny jeans' for DS today (he's skinny so they look so cute on him) from the online 30% sale and would love another pair.

If anyone wants to offer, I've got paypal and can make a list....:ROTFLMAO:. Is it against the rules to beg?

maybeebaby08
06-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks OP! I went back tonight and got a PA for $25!

ChefGirl
06-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Thanks OP! I went back tonight and got a PA for $25!

You are so so welcome. I went back tonight and got a PA for about $10...but then ended up spending another $45ish on some new stuff...got DD 2 pairs of yoga pants for $3.60 each, DS #1 3 pairs of cord cut-off shorts for $5 each and another pair of nice beachy blue cargo shorts for $9....and got myself a black strapless sundress for $18. I really need to stop shopping there. I am all stock up for my first two kids for next summer and the fall..... such an addicition....just can't help it when their jeans are only $4.xx!

alien_host
06-25-2010, 09:11 AM
I went for my PA of $10 and spent another $75! 24 items for $75 (well $85 really b/c of PA).

The jeans were $3.97 and 40% off that so $2.28 BUT they weren't ringing properly so watch out for that they had just done a markdown from $6.97 to $3.97....I don't think DD will need that many pairs so I might give some away or donate them. I bought 6 :bag: the sales lady was so funny, she said, "It feels wrong to sell them this cheap".

My receipt was so long that the other SA said, "wow that's the longest receipt I've ever printed!". I'm so bad really....since I was there with DD earlier (but forgot my receipt) and bought $35 of stuff that morning.

♥ms.pacman♥
06-25-2010, 09:17 AM
ARGH! why did i have to read this thread?? :) i guess today DS is gonna be have to be dragged to our outlet mall to check this out. jeans for $5..u cannot beat that!

ChefGirl
06-25-2010, 09:58 AM
The jeans were $3.97 and 40% off that so $2.28 BUT they weren't ringing properly so watch out for that they had just done a markdown from $6.97 to $3.97....I don't think DD will need that many pairs so I might give some away or donate them. I bought 6 :bag: the sales lady was so funny, she said, "It feels wrong to sell them this cheap".

did they just mark down the $6.97 jeans yesterday? I bought mine yesterday and they were ringing up $6.97 and not $3.97....I better call and get my PA.

alien_host
06-25-2010, 10:00 AM
did they just mark down the $6.97 jeans yesterday? I bought mine yesterday and they were ringing up $6.97 and not $3.97....I better call and get my PA.

They might have...it was $6.97 on June 18th and yesterday they were all tagged $3.97 but ringing at $6.97...my PA actually got messed up and I didn't catch it...it's only another $2 so I think I won't haggle.

I do think it was a mistake last night that they were ringing in at the higher price.

ChefGirl
06-25-2010, 10:08 AM
They might have...it was $6.97 on June 18th and yesterday they were all tagged $3.97 but ringing at $6.97...my PA actually got messed up and I didn't catch it...it's only another $2 so I think I won't haggle.

I do think it was a mistake last night that they were ringing in at the higher price.

Well, I bought 3 paris of those jeans for DD at $6.97 plus the 40%.....that's another $5 or so plus tax...I may call them this morning.....I'm addicted!

alien_host
06-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Well, I bought 3 paris of those jeans for DD at $6.97 plus the 40%.....that's another $5 or so plus tax...I may call them this morning.....I'm addicted!

You should definitely call...I meant I wasn't going to call for my skrewed up price adjustment. If I go in I might ask but I think they will be very confused on how to fix it!

ChefGirl
06-25-2010, 10:17 AM
You should definitely call...I meant I wasn't going to call for my skrewed up price adjustment. If I go in I might ask but I think they will be very confused on how to fix it!

Thanks. I might stop by during lunch time today to see what elese is worth buying....I'm so addicted. I may bring in my receipts next week before the 7 day period to get whatever else they may be marking down from now till then.

nellonello
06-25-2010, 10:48 AM
Thanks. I might stop by during lunch time today to see what elese is worth buying....I'm so addicted. I may bring in my receipts next week before the 7 day period to get whatever else they may be marking down from now till then.

That is exactly what I am planning as well!!

JanBaby
06-25-2010, 10:59 AM

I'm so addicted I'm driving 25 minutes each way on my lunch "hour" to go back. Hello? Like I need more t's for DD. I just bought 8!

ChefGirl
06-25-2010, 11:19 AM
Heck, just called my store, they say it's still $6.97...ugh! I may go there anyway.

SammyeGail
06-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Ugh! I'm getting sick!! Wonder if a store will ship to me.....

stratosphere03
06-25-2010, 01:31 PM
I checked out the sale at Gap while my DH stood in line waiting to pick up our new iphones. :) I ended up finding a few pairs of jeans for ODS for $4.97. :yay: I'm not sure what I was happier about, my new phone or the killer deal on Gap jeans, lol!

boltfam
06-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Ugh! I'm getting sick!! Wonder if a store will ship to me.....
Oh, they will! I have had stuff shipped to me from a store before. That's a good idea....I don't know when I'll have a chance to get in to a store, either.

WolfpackMom
06-25-2010, 02:01 PM
Went back and got $20 from the PA...then proceeded to spend $28 on 9 shirts and 1 pr of pants for ds, and 1 shirt for me.

crl
06-25-2010, 02:19 PM
I overheard in my store that they are expecting another shipment on July 1. Sounded like of sale stuff. . . . Nojeans in DS size so I just bought one polo for him.

Catherine

christiedavid3
06-25-2010, 02:31 PM
I've been following this thread, and now I need to make a trip to Gap! Our closest store closed, so now I have to drive 30 mins, but I think it is worth it!

Nibbler
06-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Thanks for posting! Ours had almost all of the baby/toddler pajama sets marked down to $8.99 or $10.99 already, so with the extra 40% we did great! Those $3.89 polos for women were a really good deal too. :)

boltfam
06-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Thanks for posting! Ours had almost all of the baby/toddler pajama sets marked down to $8.99 or $10.99 already, so with the extra 40% we did great! Those $3.89 polos for women were a really good deal too. :)

Ugh! Why do all of the great sales have to come at the same time?! I think I need to head to Gap.

DrSally
06-25-2010, 03:17 PM
I guess I'm lucky that the prices at mine weren't so great (and no extra 40% off kids). Btwn this and ON, I've been buying a lot of clothes lately.

oneontheway
06-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Just got back... good news and bad news! They price adjusted my purchases (one from Monday and one from 8 days ago)!!! Yippe, so I saved like $30 but then purchased another $100+! Could not believe the deals. Dresses for $4-5, yoga pants for DD $3, shirts $3-4. I even picked up maternity tanks for around $4, black maternity capris for $25, etc.

Fyi, they said the sale ends Sunday. Happy Shopping!

lilhilly
06-25-2010, 04:21 PM

Me too! I grabbed a ton of both SJ and LJ pajamas for between $4 and $5 each (even got two "union suits," which Hanna would call "zippers") for $2.99 each. Usually the pj's are pretty wiped out in the larger sizes, but for some reason I had no trouble finding size 4T's for DD (her next year's size). As a side note, I so wish they made the same style pj's in larger sizes; my 5 y/o DS is too big for the 5T's and the GapKids pj's are just not the same.

alien_host
06-25-2010, 04:29 PM
I need Gap Shoppers Anonymous...I went back today and bought more stuff I didn't see last night...same store and the sales lady recognized me :bag ...3 times in 24 hours to the same store is REALLY bad.....and I did end up asking them to fix my PA and she gladly did it :)

If you need underwear for your child, this gap had lots of girls XXS and XS packs for a good deal...DD picked out "days of the week" panties...every girl needs those right?

nebwhit
06-25-2010, 06:21 PM
I need Gap Shoppers Anonymous...I went back today and bought more stuff I didn't see last night...same store and the sales lady recognized me :bag ...3 times in 24 hours to the same store is REALLY bad.....and I did end up asking them to fix my PA and she gladly did it :)

I so need to join. I love their clothes and the deals. I'm actually going to have pass on the Gymboree day after Thanksgiving for the first time in years. I was impressed their wasn't even a bad face made when I asked for a PA which only made me want to buy more:cheerleader1:

wallawala
06-25-2010, 07:11 PM
Just picked up converse shoes for DD. Super cute laced low tops in brown for $8.39.

Wish I'd bought the ladybug ones last week and PA'd today. They are OF COURSE completely gone!!!

vacationer526
06-25-2010, 08:49 PM
Just got back from Chicago (North/Clybourn) and scored on pajamas! They had tons of girls jammies (didn't check the boys) on sale for between $3.50-5.50. Woo hoo! Love cheap jammies!

MMEand1
06-26-2010, 12:35 AM
I bought the jeans for $6.97 and $7.97 earlier in the week. The bottom of my receipt states that a one time PA will be given within 7 days, but that merchandise ending in 0.97 is a FINAL SALE. Will they give me a PA for those pants or not? Just wondering if it is worth my time...

SpaceGal
06-26-2010, 01:05 AM
I bought the jeans for $6.97 and $7.97 earlier in the week. The bottom of my receipt states that a one time PA will be given within 7 days, but that merchandise ending in 0.97 is a FINAL SALE. Will they give me a PA for those pants or not? Just wondering if it is worth my time...

They will PA FINAL SALE items. I just checked my receipt and it was adjusted on there.

twinsmama
06-26-2010, 12:03 PM
do you think there's still something left today (Saturday?)
I hope I can make it there today.

TwoToTote
06-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Is it still on today?

lchang25000
06-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Is it still on today?

Heard it ends on Sunday.

NewbieVA
06-26-2010, 02:45 PM
I just came back from one of the stores & they said the kids sale ends today. It will go back up to 25% off tomorrow, but the adult stuff will still be 40%.

If I made an online purchase earlier this week, do they PA over the phone or do I need to bring my receipt into a store?

chickadee
06-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Thanks, OP! I got 2 long sleeved rash guards, a tank top, long pants, and a cardigan for less than $18 with tax. The rash guards were originally 19.50 and I got them for $4.19 each! Incredible!:cheerleader1:

miallen22074
06-26-2010, 03:33 PM
fyi. gap 40% on kids stuff is no longer happening today in sf. boohoo

kayla8
06-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Heard it ends on Sunday.

Not for the stores in my town. It ended last night. Hic hic. I called 2 of them; the sale was just yesterday. I went to return a dress & happened to see the additional 40% off over the 60% off sale. The girls section was almost wiped out! Just couple dresses on the rack for big kids ( 10-12). Lots of PJs were still available but I was sooo slow; one mother grabbed all sz 5 (~$2-$3.50). I was able to grab just 2 PJs + a nice blue embroidered dress ($15) + couple tops for both DS & DD ($5/ea). I went ~4PM; I kicked myself for not getting there before lunch time. I planned to go to the other 2 stores (which are further away) this AM but the sale was over.

You snooze you loose; it is sad that it's so true!

oneontheway
06-26-2010, 04:01 PM
My store said the sale doesn't end till Sunday. Maybe it differs by each store? I'm heading back tomorrow to exchange something and I've spent soooo much money in the last week that I will be relieved if it is over!!

sujathas
06-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi,
I didn't realize that Gap/ Banana republic's return policy changed to 30 days in store / 45 day online. Just my luck:( Anyone every return anything late there by mail? I'm going to have to, and wonder what's going to happen... store credit and lowest/current prices??

MMEand1
06-26-2010, 05:02 PM
They will PA FINAL SALE items. I just checked my receipt and it was adjusted on there.

Thanks you SOOO much! I went this morning while waiting on my DS's new glasses and was able to get a $40 PA refund!! I ended up buying $20 worth of pants for my DD in bigger sizes, but still - AWESOME deal!!

In the end, I purchased 10 pair of blue jeans, 7 polo shirts, and a package of underwear for $74.97. THANK YOU so much OP!!!

twinsmama
06-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Hi,
I didn't realize that Gap/ Banana republic's return policy changed to 30 days in store / 45 day online. Just my luck:( Anyone every return anything late there by mail? I'm going to have to, and wonder what's going to happen... store credit and lowest/current prices??

I've only done it in store. I went to one store and they told me they can't tae it back b/c it was past 30 days. Then a friend gave me this idea: I went to another location and claimed it was a gift and I had no gift receipt. I received store credit. :)

Maybe you can call CS and claim it was a gift and you want to return it without a gift receipt? You never know - they might fall for it. Unless they check your account based on your address and see it's the same item(s) you ordered. Ok.. That sounds like Sherlock Holmes and I would be worried if they researched this to such an extent. Give it a try! GL!

nupe
06-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Went to my gap kids today. No signage about additional percent off, just the usual red sale signs. When I went to check out, I inquired about additional percent off, and I the clerk honored it and discounted 40% off manually! Very strange.

Club924
06-26-2010, 10:27 PM
i was at the GAP last night and all sale items were addlt 40% off for mens, womens, and kids. scored some awesome deals!!!! went back today to the same store to try and get more stuff, but the sales guy told me that they pulled the addtl 40% off in the kids starting today, but it still applied to mens and womens...bummed, but glad i was able to get the addtl % the night before. still was able to pick up a few stuff for myself in the womens section.

twinsmama
06-27-2010, 08:16 AM
at my local Gap they dind't have the additional 40% off yesterday. Bummer. Thank goodness I called before going...

Tenasparkl
06-27-2010, 09:58 AM
i was at the GAP last night and all sale items were addlt 40% off for mens, womens, and kids. scored some awesome deals!!!! went back today to the same store to try and get more stuff, but the sales guy told me that they pulled the addtl 40% off in the kids starting today, but it still applied to mens and womens...bummed, but glad i was able to get the addtl % the night before. still was able to pick up a few stuff for myself in the womens section.

My store is two floors with the mens & womens on the first floor. I saw the 40% off signs and then went up to the baby/kid section and just assumed it was the same. When I saw my "not 40% off" total at the register I asked about it. The cashier said that since I asked she'd still give me the 40% off, but that they were told to pull the signs. She pulled out her calculator and gave me my discount.

lilhilly
06-27-2010, 10:48 AM
The Gap I went to yesterday had an extra 25% off kids/baby and extra 40% off mens/womens. 25% off was still pretty good, but wish I'd made it there on Friday while the 40% off was still going -- they had tons of the marked-down jeans and plenty of other stuff to boot, would have been nice to get it even cheaper. I'm hanging on to my receipt and hoping they go back to 40% on Thursday . . . .

lchang25000
06-27-2010, 11:09 AM
My Gap had 40% off in every dept. yesterday and I got some jammies and a pair of shorts for DS for super cheap. The 40% off ends today. I plan to go to another store later.

oneontheway
06-27-2010, 04:00 PM
I just went back to exchange a size and the 40% signs were gone. They said the sale was supposed to run until Sunday but they received word yesterday am to take them down. They had the 25% signs up this am but then took them down while I was there. So looks like the sale is over for kids/baby.

twinsmama
06-27-2010, 06:15 PM
The Gap I went to yesterday had an extra 25% off kids/baby and extra 40% off mens/womens. 25% off was still pretty good, but wish I'd made it there on Friday while the 40% off was still going -- they had tons of the marked-down jeans and plenty of other stuff to boot, would have been nice to get it even cheaper. I'm hanging on to my receipt and hoping they go back to 40% on Thursday . . . .

good idea! I'll try to go there tomorrow and see if they at least have an extra 25% off and will buy them like that and then will go back on Thursd for PA.