PDA

View Full Version : 9 mo going to one nap already?

DebbieJ
06-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Ugh! I think my 9mo is going to one nap. We were on vacation for 10 days and just got home over the weekend and I think it screwed him up. Since we've been home he's taken a ~3 hour nap almost every day. We have to bring DS1 to summer camp this week when his regular morning nap would be, so it messes everything up.

Has anyone else's kid gone to one nap at such a young age?

HonoluluMom
07-04-2010, 02:34 AM
I think my 10 month old is transitioning to 1 nap. She used to take two naps, one mid-morning and one mid-afternoon, each about 1.5 hours. Now, her mid-morning nap is about 30 minutes and her mid-afternoon nap is 2+ hours.

MomToOne
07-04-2010, 07:51 AM
We transitioned at 9 months. I have to say I loved it and still do. It made everything so much simpler for me to not have to wrangle that second nap. I feel like it leaves me bigger and more manageable windows of time that she's up and free to do stuff. But I only have the one so take that for what it's worth.

SnuggleBuggles
07-04-2010, 10:18 AM
My ds2, after the first few months of constant cat naps, never had a 2 regular nap phase. It was always just one.

Beth

Momof3Labs
07-04-2010, 10:31 PM
3 of my 4 kids switched at 11mo. But not at 9mo (one is still holding on to that second nap). Camp days, with drop off and pickup, are a royal pain.

Katigre
07-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Both my kids started going to one nap at 9 months and DS dropped his nap altogether at age 2. DD is well on the way to doing that as well - at 17 months she's shifting and shortening her midday nap to be in the afternoon and if she naps too long she's up later at night.