PDA

View Full Version : Babysitter question

lablover
06-24-2010, 03:30 PM
When you hire a babysitter for the evening do you offer dinner/leave money for her/him to order pizza, etc.? We are using a teenage babysitter for the first time in a long time and I'm just wondering what is usually done. She will be coming to our house at 6:45pm.

kbud
06-24-2010, 03:36 PM
If the sitter will be feeding the kids then yes, I provide dinner. I usually go to Little Caesars and get a $5 pizza and breadsticks. My girls think it's great they get a fun babysitter and it's pizza night! If I wasn't able to get the pizza myself then I'd leave $ for them to order it. I try to make it as easy as possible on the sitter. Pizza clean up is super easy. I want them to just have fun and take care of the kids (and of course sit for us again).

LMPC
06-24-2010, 03:36 PM
I think food is always nice to offer...but I bet if you ask her, she's going to say that she will already have eaten by 6:45p. At that point, I would ask if she likes anything in particular for a snack/to drink.

Andi98989
06-24-2010, 04:31 PM
I think food is always nice to offer...but I bet if you ask her, she's going to say that she will already have eaten by 6:45p. At that point, I would ask if she likes anything in particular for a snack/to drink.

:yeahthat: And if you don't do that, just point out to her things that she could access for a snack (microwave popcorn, crackers, whatever).