PDA

View Full Version : Looking to ideas to make some $ working at home

EQ_Bo_07
06-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Any suggestions on “Work at home Jobs”

I am looking to make some extra money working from home. Not looking to get rich or anything, but would be great to have some extra cash- say $50-$100 per month.

I am very computer literate and am open to different options.

Anyone have experience with this?

PMJ
06-24-2010, 04:46 PM
I don't know how legit this is, but I always see ads of "Medical transcriptionist" or something in the American baby magazines.

Tupperware parties, selling bags or make-up. (thirty-one - is the company for the bags)

Sweetum
06-24-2010, 04:51 PM
If you're crafty and have an insane amount of passion for your craft, then you could sell on etsy.

Momof3Labs
06-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Babysitting, perhaps after-school care for a couple of neighborhood kids.

Tutoring makes pretty good money for a small amount of time investment.

smiles33
06-24-2010, 05:49 PM
If you're willing to handle shipping (which can be done via USPS website and carrier pick-up so you don't have to leave home) and dealing with the occasional crazy buyer, consider eBay sales. I used to make a good amount of "fun money" as a law student who loved shopping. I would buy items on sale at discount stores like TJ Maxx and Nordstrom Rack and re-sell on eBay. If it didn't sell, I often was still able to return the item to the store. It's time-consuming, though, as you have to search carefully to get the best deals, or there's not enough profit to justify your time. For example, I would look on the clearance racks and find a $150 Anna Sui dress for $10 and maybe sell it for $50. Minus eBay and PayPal fees, the profit would be pretty good but it doesn't account for the hours when I shopped and didn't find anything at all. Still, I loved shopping then so it was a worthwhile venture. However, it's been 10 years since I did that and eBay has become much more anti-seller in the intervening years.

Babymakes3
06-24-2010, 06:50 PM
I was a Liveops operator for about a year including while I was pregnant. It was fun most of the time, especially when you get into some of the good programs like 1800flowers and the telethon stuff. The pay was okay and you choose how much or how little you want to do with the twice weekly schedule rollout. Westathome was another one that was decent but I had a friend that did a few different companies and she liked Liveops best. You do have to have a separate phone line used only for work calls, a headset and a regular corded phone, that is it startup expense-wise other than paying for the background check.

I would be happy to answer any questions you have!

EQ_Bo_07
06-29-2010, 11:02 AM
That sounds great!

Anyone have expereince selling stuff for others on ebay?

luckytwenty
06-29-2010, 11:09 AM
I live near outlets and sold Kate Spade and Coach bags on Ebay. I didn't make very much money at it because it took me a while to figure out which ones would sell well and which wouldn't. (I hate logo bags and only bought ones I thought were cute--apparently I don't have the same tastes as the average Ebay bidder!)

I think you need to be good at figuring out what will sell and what won't. That takes a lot of time and research of previous sales. I already have a FT job so my stint with Ebay didn't last very long. I did make enough to buy myself an awesome Kate Spade bag & wallet, though! :-p

WolfpackMom
06-29-2010, 11:54 AM
If you're crafty and have an insane amount of passion for your craft, then you could sell on etsy.

I was going to suggest the same. I am putting stuff together in my minimal spare time and stockpiling to start my own etsy. Probably will be awhile before I have enough though!

EQ_Bo_07
06-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Unfortunantely I am not nearly crafty enough, so etsy is not really an option for me. :(

Minnifer
06-29-2010, 12:04 PM
I was a Liveops operator for about a year including while I was pregnant. It was fun most of the time, especially when you get into some of the good programs like 1800flowers and the telethon stuff. The pay was okay and you choose how much or how little you want to do with the twice weekly schedule rollout.

What exactly is Liveops - I went to their site but couldn't figure out whether it's being a customer service rep and taking orders, etc., or whether it's more sales/telemarketing, or ? Thanks!

Babymakes3
06-29-2010, 12:51 PM
What exactly is Liveops - I went to their site but couldn't figure out whether it's being a customer service rep and taking orders, etc., or whether it's more sales/telemarketing, or ? Thanks!

Ya know those late night infomercials where you can call to order, well you'd be the one taking those orders. Some are easy like the Direct Buy calls, they take like a minute to do and then some take alot longer with all the upsells. They are all inbound calls.