PDA

View Full Version : Help, Strawberry stains!

sweet_pea
06-24-2010, 08:43 PM
DD loves strawberries and has been having them almost everyday. Of course part of them inevitable end up somewhere on her shirt, pants...socks...even onesie (don't ask me how!). Does anyone have any tips on removing strawberry stains? I usually have good luck with Fels-Naptha soap but in this instance it immediately turns the stain from a bright red to a dark purple, almost black, that is even harder to wash out. Dreft stain remover works so-so. I know if I immediately soaked the clothing the stains would be easier to get rid of, but it's not always possible. Any ideas? TIA!

swrc00
06-24-2010, 08:48 PM
I use Shout Advanced and it is great about removing strawberry and blueberry stains. I usually spray the stain and let it sit overnight. I spray it again right before I wash it.

VClute
06-24-2010, 08:49 PM
I use Oxyclean. Soak the item in a bucket of HOT water (just enough to soak the item and give it a little aggitation room) and at least three scoops oxyclean. Occasionally jostle the bucket and allow it to cool to room temperature. Then wash the item. It works for me on strawberries, blueberries, watermelon, you name it. HTH!

spanannie
06-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Wine Away always takes out strawberry (or any other berry) for me. You can buy it at World Market in the wine section.

SpaceGal
06-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Oxyclean worked for us.

MommyAllison
06-25-2010, 11:33 AM
Zout is amazing on strawberry stains, even if you don't spray right away. Really, amazing!

infomama
06-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Oxyclean worked for us.
:yeahthat:. We use the spray

sweet_pea
06-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Thanks a bunch! I'm going to go to the store today and pick up some of the stain removers you suggested.

cono0507
06-25-2010, 12:24 PM
another vote for oxyclean. just last week, my 2 yr old rubbed strawberry covered hands all over a white shirt. soaked it in oxyclean in a bucket overnight then threw it in the wash in the morning and it looks like new. love that stuff!