PDA

View Full Version : Does the heat bother you?

ewpmsw
06-24-2010, 09:42 PM
Is the heat getting to any other expecting moms right now? We've had temps in the high 90's and even the 100's for the past week. Even going out in the morning, I start feeling nauseous. I have to drop DD off at camp and run errands, so staying in all day isn't an option. Have been drinking a lot of water to stave it off, but ugh. And yes, I get soooo whiney when I'm pg.

BigDog
06-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Same here. I'm dying. Even in the a/c - I do one or two chores around the house like vacuuming or laundry, etc and I'm beat. I was pregnant during the summer months with DS1 and I don't ever remember the heat really bothering me. This time around I'm definitely affected by it... and it's only June! I'm due early Sept so I hope I can survive the rest of the summer!

LD92599
06-24-2010, 10:34 PM
I can't stand it, but fortunately (I suppose in this case) i WOTH FT so i just need to go from house to car to office. After work though we haven't been going to the park, etc and i try to run just one errand vs walking from place to place.

firemama
06-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Yes. The heat always bothers me and the 'oven' turned on about 5 weeks ago. It has been so hot and humid, but today was nice. I wish we could live somewhere without humidity, it makes it so much worse.

Drag0nflygirl
06-25-2010, 12:18 AM
Yup. Makes me quesey.

elizabethkott
06-25-2010, 06:59 AM
It's been pretty bad cleaning up shop at school this week and proctoring exams (thank GOD administration had me proctoring in the few rooms with a/c or I would have died!). But as long as I don't move too much (!) and drink lots of water, it's not so bad. And today is graduation, so I'm DONE anyway!!!!! :)

swissair81
06-25-2010, 08:22 AM
I got a mother's helper for June & July. Not only is the heat really affecting me, but I am tired from the time I wake up until my point of collapsing (about 9 pm at this point.)

luckytwenty
06-25-2010, 08:59 AM
I work FT so I spend much of my time in air-conditioned spaces, but on the weekends I really can't deal with being outside except the pool. I am carrying very high so I get heat rashes between my belly and chest all the time. Oh, and I live in sunny South Florida and it is SUPER humid here!

newg
06-25-2010, 03:09 PM
I am totally wilting in this heat................and I feel so bad that I totally don't want to go outside with DD. So if we're home we spend the day inside until DH gets home and can play with her.
I use to teach tennis during the summers and the heat/humidity was never a big deal, in fact I usually put a sweatshirt on inside once I got home............now I'm the exact opposite.

BeccaB.
06-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Yessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand it. I was so hot today after coming in from outside, that an hour later I still wasn't convinced that the air conditioner was working.

fumofu
06-26-2010, 04:03 AM
The heat is definitely bothering me. My in-laws are staying with us right now, and their rooms run so much cooler than DH and my room. I have the fan on 24/7, and it feels so good when it's on with the AC.

My fingers and entire legs are so swollen. I've stopped wearing my rings!

Roni
06-28-2010, 05:59 AM
Yes--I'm okay in the AC, but I've been needing to drink a lot, & my feet are starting to swell.

sste
06-28-2010, 07:21 AM
Feeling better after having splurged on two very cute maternity sundresses and bought some lovely spray-on toning mist (really this last one is great and I think you could get the same effect with a misting bottle filled with water and a drop of essential oil).