PDA

View Full Version : Disney Store 11" Princess Dolls $7.99 NOW $5.99 w/free ship

tracerx
06-25-2010, 02:45 PM
ETA: prices now 5.99, code FREESHIP for free shipping (no minimum)

Hi, my mom picked dd up some Princess dolls at the retail Disney store for 7.99, and I was able to pick up some others online for the same price (plus $5 shipping for 3 dolls). In the stores both Princesses and Princes are included, but online it looks like the Princes are higher priced at $12.50

These dolls are great quality especially when compared to the Mattel ones. DD got a bunch of the Mattel ones for her birthday last year, and the Disney dolls have "aged" much better which is why we are "upgrading" her collection.

The best deal I have seen previously was 2/$20 so I think this is a reasonably good deal.
Hope this helps someone :)

eta: on disneystore.com most of them are called "Disney Princess & Friends" dolls, with the exception of Tiana

Minnifer
06-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Seems like a great deal! I'm wondering how inevitable the whole princess thing is going to be (DD is too young to be into it now), and whether I should pick one up for future...

ang79
06-25-2010, 06:03 PM
Thanks! My SIL is checking the store in Hershey, she's super excited to get DD1 some for her birthday!

tracerx
06-25-2010, 06:08 PM
Thanks! My SIL is checking the store in Hershey, she's super excited to get DD1 some for her birthday!

I'd be interested to hear if they had a good selection. At one store my mom stopped at there were 3 princesses and 1 prince left. The second store had none at all. So it seems like selection at stores varies quite a bit.

calv
06-25-2010, 06:54 PM
thanks so much for the heads up. do you happen to have a link for them online?

tracerx
06-25-2010, 07:00 PM
thanks so much for the heads up. do you happen to have a link for them online?

Here is a link to all sale toys, they are in there. Hoping this works...
http://www.disneystore.com/sale/toys-electronics/c/61500/

malphy
06-27-2010, 10:52 PM
thanks for the post, I ordered all of them. Great deal and dd is all about the princess, lol. I am going to use them as an incentive for the potty training battle we are having.

Jo..
07-01-2010, 01:04 PM
They are now $6 each and free ship with code FREESHIP

katydid1971
07-01-2010, 01:33 PM
They are now $6 each and free ship with code FREESHIP

:yay: I just bought 4 for DD's birthday next April (I think, maybe later) Worst case I'll end up giving them to Toys for Tots. That was a great deal!!!!!

Jo..
07-01-2010, 01:49 PM
I bought all 8. I am so bad. But seriously, I know my DD will want these at some point. Tiana is sadly sold out.

Also check out the mini infrared car sets for $4 (were $30). And go thru Ebates for 5%!!!
http://www.disneystore.com/disney/store/DSISearch?Searchstr=infrared&storeId=10051&catalogId=10002&categoryId=11776&langId=-1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&N=0&Nu=pProductID&Nr=OR(pStoreID:10051,pStoreID:10601,pStoreID:10052 )&Ntk=All_Shopping&Ntt=infrared&selectedOption=All+of+Disney+Store&D=infrared&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Dr=OR(pStoreID:10051,pStoreID:10601,pStoreID:10052 )&Dn=0&lid=search_submit

keh602
07-01-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm bad too... I also bought all 8. They were still in my cart from when they were $8. I also bought the Cars sets, and a Silvermist doll. Most of it will probably be put away for Christmas, but I couldn't resist with the free shipping. DD will be thrilled!!!

Twoboos
07-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Oh my goodness, they have Pocahontas!! DDs would flip for her...

I am not buying another Barbie type doll.

alien_host
07-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Ack...I just bought 5 dolls (we already have Aurora and I was trying to be good about not getting all of them!), the cars toys (although Ramone was sold out) and a few other things...the good thing is that I saved $6 by using my Disney Visa so it's like I got one doll free ;)

ang79
07-01-2010, 03:24 PM
My SIL found them at the Hershey, PA Disney store a few days ago. She bought Sleeping Beauty. But now that I see they are cheaper and the free ship code, I think I will buy DD1 some more and put them away for Christmas. Unfortunately, the disneystore website is not working for me right now :(

Minnifer
07-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Unfortunately, the disneystore website is not working for me right now :( I'm having the same problem...

alien_host
07-01-2010, 03:28 PM
it was painfully slow for me to find each doll and put it in the cart....check out took forever. Honestly I love Disney but hate their websites...they all are slow and impossible to navagate!

Minnifer
07-01-2010, 03:42 PM
My DD is pretty young so let me ask a dumb question - when little girls get into the princess stage and dolls, are the boy dolls a necessary component of the play?

ang79
07-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Finally got on! I have 5 of them (Snow White, Cinderella, Jasmine, Ariel, and Belle) in my cart right now for Christmas. And SIL got her Sleeping Beauty for birthday. Is 6 princesses going to be overkill? I'm such a sucker for a good deal!

BTW, DD1 informed me today that she "needs" more princess stuff because it makes her feel special. And that she wants to be a princess when she grows up (which, according to her, means she has to own lots of princess stuff that sparkles). Maybe I should not be encouraging this behavior with more princess dolls!

catpagmo
07-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the updated prices, and FS code Jo! Great deal! I'm in for 5 dolls: Belle, Snow White, Cinderella, Jasmine, and Aurora.

I think I'm going to hang on to these for Christmas/birthday presents. Sweet!

catpagmo
07-01-2010, 04:01 PM
My DD is pretty young so let me ask a dumb question - when little girls get into the princess stage and dolls, are the boy dolls a necessary component of the play?

IMO...no, not necessary at all. My DD hasn't had any boy dolls, and she doesn't know the difference. Hope that helps!

Minnifer
07-01-2010, 04:02 PM
IMO...no, not necessary at all. My DD hasn't had any boy dolls, and she doesn't know the difference. Hope that helps!

Yes, it definitely does - thanks!!

Minnifer
07-01-2010, 04:11 PM
OK, one more dumb question - do the kids wind up needing/wanting lots of other accessories to play with the dolls with, or do they just do imagination play?

Like, Ariel's Sea Carriage for example http://www.disneystore.com/dolls-ariels-sea-carriage-doll-and-vehicle-set/p/1257311/11800/

alien_host
07-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Is 6 princesses going to be overkill? I'm such a sucker for a good deal!

I'm sort of wondering the same thing! I'm hoping when I do give these to her that she will allow me to get rid of some knock-off Barbies that she acquired in exchange.

------------------

On another note....if you were going to get a few as a gift for someone...which doll would you give if you didn't know that particular child's favorite princess or whatever? as I rethink if some of these should be "gift closet" items for birthdays....

catpagmo
07-01-2010, 04:14 PM
OK, Ione more dumb question - do the kids wind up needing/wanting lots of other accessories to play with the dolls with, or do they just do imagination play?

Like, Ariel's Sea Carriage for example http://www.disneystore.com/dolls-ariels-sea-carriage-doll-and-vehicle-set/p/1257311/11800/

My DD just plays with the dolls, and uses other stuff she already has for accessories. She has a great imagination! I saw that Sea Carriage, though. Looks like fun!

As far as overkill....
I wondered the same thing. I figured, I may be able to use these for gifts for any birthday parties that come up, or donate to Toys for Tots as a pp mentioned.

maiaann
07-01-2010, 04:20 PM
I bought all 8. We already had Snow White but I went ahead and bought another to put in the gift closet. Both my older girls are HUGE into princesses - thanks Jo & OP!

Minnifer
07-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Thanks! Man, I am such a sucker... DD barely knows what a princess is and I bought 6 (plus the sea carriage)!

And I skipped Sleeping Beauty and Mulan but now am wondering if I should have gotten them too...

Jo..
07-01-2010, 05:15 PM
I got all of them to go in the gift closet. I figure as DD watches the movies and gets "Into" them, she will get a doll...one every several months, or for birthdays and Christmas when she is older. I mean, it seemed like a FANTASTIC deal to me (six bucks)!

Jo..
07-01-2010, 05:21 PM
How could you skip Mulan? She's the prettiest one of all! Go back!

tracerx
07-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Just wanted to post that if you bought last week like I did online, they will refund you the difference if the price drops within 7 days of purchase. I submitted for the price adjustment hopefully it won't take long for them to process it :)

katydid1971
07-01-2010, 06:01 PM
They also have some good deals on the long johns style PJS
http://www.disneystore.com/disney/store/DSISearch?D=pj&Dn=0&langId=-1&Nao=12&Ntk=All_Shopping&Nr=AND%28OR%28pStoreID%3A10051%2CpStoreID%3A10601% 2CpStoreID%3A10052%29%2CpPublished%3A1%29&catalogId=10002&Nu=pProductID&Ntt=pj&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&storeId=10051&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Dr=AND%28OR%28pStoreID%3A10051%2CpStoreID%3A10601% 2CpStoreID%3A10052%29%2CpPublished%3A1%29&Ns=pGrossMargin%7C1%7C%7CpSortName%7C0&N=0&categoryId=11776

alleycat
07-01-2010, 08:07 PM
I took too long adding stuff. Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella are oos. And those were the two I really wanted.

Minnifer
07-01-2010, 08:42 PM

:p yeah, I only skipped her b/c I'm not familiar w/the character at all... but then again, many of the others were before my time as well and that didn't stop me, lol. And I skipped Sleeping Beauty b/c I didn't think the doll was that cute... plus I thought I was going a bit overboard... BUT I went back into the site after work and putting DD down, and tried to get both after all... Sleeping Beauty was gone but I did get Mulan!

I figure as DD watches the movies and gets "Into" them, she will get a doll...one every several months, or for birthdays and Christmas when she is older. :yeahthat: This is exactly how I justified my purchases!

ang79
07-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Belle is gone now too :( By the time I was able to sit down and put in my payment number 2 of the ones I wanted most were gone. SIL is going to check the Hershey store again for me to see if they have Cinderella and Belle. If not, if anyone picked up some extras, I'd love to take them off your hands :)

I took too long adding stuff. Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella are oos. And those were the two I really wanted.

scrooks
07-01-2010, 09:03 PM
I got Ariel and Snow White (we have those 2 movies) ....wanted others but they were OOS...

kellybelly0513
07-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Thanks Jo! My dd already has Cinderella, Snow White and Aurora, but I ordered 3 other ones for her.

07-01-2010, 09:06 PM

and she's the only "princess" who does anything important. I love her.

scrooks
07-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Ok..couldn't stand it, seems like a good deal. Went back and ordered Mulan and Jasmine too!

traciann
07-01-2010, 09:42 PM
man. I should have gotten Belle! Do you think there is a chance it might come back in stock?

malphy
07-01-2010, 10:29 PM
I don't know where everyone is from but the 2 stores in paramus nj had a lot of the princesses in stock. I even scored a prince navene for $5.99. They have the most adorable tshirts, too, for $2.99 and bathing suits for $5.99.

alien_host
07-01-2010, 11:06 PM
I caved...picked up Mulan in a second order...free ship is good and evil!

tracerx
07-02-2010, 09:38 AM
I just wanted to follow up on my price adjustment request. They replied to me and are issuing me an online credit that covers the price drop on the dolls as well as the shipping charge on my order from last week.

I am happy the price dropped again as I was able to justify getting the 2 dolls I passed up last week (Pocahontas and Mulan)

alien_host
07-19-2010, 03:10 PM
I wanted to thank the tracerx and Jo for posting this. I was away on vacation and had them shipped to my parents and I picked them up today. My dad said the box was huge and it was...the Cars thing was bigger than I thought!

The dolls are great though...I gave my mom a few to give to her as a treat or for Christmas....and I'm so glad I went back for Mulan :)

Has anyone tried those Lightening McQueen/mater things? Do they work?

ang79
07-19-2010, 03:41 PM
This just reminded me to post. I originally ordered some dolls from the website (and they got here quickly). They were sold out of Belle and Cinderella by the time I could get my order through though. I was bummed because those are the two that DD1 knows the best. I had my MIL check the Disney store at the Hershey, PA outlets. She went last Friday and said that they still had all of the dolls and the princess and that they also had a huge summer clearance going on. She got a ton of stuff for the girls. So far she has given them each a character beach towel (I think they were $5.99 each), several character t-shirts, and Minnie Mouse lunch boxes that she got on sale. Besides the princesses and a few more shirts, I'm not really sure what else she ended up getting on sale for Christmas presents, but if anyone is near a B&M store, you may want to check it out!

jenstring95
07-19-2010, 04:12 PM
I don't know if the doll/summer sale/clearance will still be going on, but Disney's F&F runs 7/22-7/25. It is 20% off in store (with coupon) and online (code is DISNEYPAL). HTH someone!

floridamommy
07-19-2010, 06:20 PM
How do you become a F & F?

I don't know if the doll/summer sale/clearance will still be going on, but Disney's F&F runs 7/22-7/25. It is 20% off in store (with coupon) and online (code is DISNEYPAL). HTH someone!

fattytuna
07-20-2010, 01:32 AM
How do you become a F & F?

I was getting a gift at the Disney Store during July 4th weekend. They gave me a F&F coupon with my purchase.

fivi2
07-20-2010, 10:29 AM

Do I have to be someone special to use the online code or can anyone use it? (I mean do I have to be a member of something or have a specific credit card?) I just don't know what friends and family means!

Thanks! (I am clueless, but could really use a disney store discount!)

alien_host
07-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Do I have to be someone special to use the online code or can anyone use it? (I mean do I have to be a member of something or have a specific credit card?) I just don't know what friends and family means!

Thanks! (I am clueless, but could really use a disney store discount!)

I'm pretty sure you just use the code that was provided above...I didn't give my name or anything, they just handed me a coupon in-store.

ETA Well you are special ;)....hey are you going for the Big Mickey Plush?

ETAA: If you wanted to shop in-store I bet they'd give you a coupon if you asked. Also I have a $10 off $50 online unique code that came when I purchased the dolls...check your receipt (if you ordered) or PM me for the code if you want it as I shouldn't buy anything else! The only bummer is that there is no free shipping that I noticed.

fivi2
07-20-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm pretty sure you just use the code that was provided above...I didn't give my name or anything, they just handed me a coupon in-store.

ETA Well you are special ;)....hey are you going for the Big Mickey Plush?

ETAA: If you wanted to shop in-store I bet they'd give you a coupon if you asked. Also I have a $10 off $50 online unique code that came when I purchased the dolls...check your receipt (if you ordered) or PM me for the code if you want it as I shouldn't buy anything else! The only bummer is that there is no free shipping that I noticed.

Well, I think it is going to be a disney christmas and birthday! I think the girls will each get a Big Mickey Plush for birthday and Santa might bring Cindy's castle as the big shared gift. (and yes, I swore that the princesses would never enter my house! eating my words once again ;) ). The castle is online only, so I will probably try to order it all online. My mom did order some of the dolls from this thread, so I'll see if she got a special code :)

Thanks for the info. Nothing like getting my christmas shopping done in July :D

alien_host
07-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Well, I think it is going to be a disney christmas and birthday! I think the girls will each get a Big Mickey Plush for birthday and Santa might bring Cindy's castle as the big shared gift. (and yes, I swore that the princesses would never enter my house! eating my words once again ;) ). The castle is online only, so I will probably try to order it all online. My mom did order some of the dolls from this thread, so I'll see if she got a special code :)

Thanks for the info. Nothing like getting my christmas shopping done in July :D

Since you are buying a few things, i think the 20% off F&F would be better for you....and I think they have $5 shipping if you spend $89...not sure if you can stack codes, hopefully :)

fivi2
07-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Since you are buying a few things, i think the 20% off F&F would be better for you....and I think they have $5 shipping if you spend $89...not sure if you can stack codes, hopefully :)

Thanks! I can't believe I am giving in on all of this, but I can't fight the giant Mickey love :)

jenstring95
07-20-2010, 03:24 PM

You can stack codes (2), but I don't know if there is a free shipping code floating around?