PDA

View Full Version : What color paint for the Guest Bedroom?

Corie
06-25-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm curious. What color should I paint our Guest Bedroom?

Something neutral? Should I just extend the hallway color to
the bedroom?

marie
06-25-2010, 11:43 PM
a color that my MIL hates. :innocent:

DebbieJ
06-25-2010, 11:46 PM
do you have bedding in there? I painted mine a pale yellow that matched the comforter.

hellokitty
06-26-2010, 09:11 AM

LMAO! That is kind of what I did, my mil ONLY likes white, and the only room in our house that is white is our kitchen, so she hates our entire house. I find it as helpful MIL-deterrent, b/c she used to bug us about living with us when she, "retired," but she hates our house, hates that we actually use colors (gasp) on our walls. Hopefully, she will go live with BIL.... his walls are all white.

I would paint it whatever color that you really like that you don't get to use for the rest of the house. I find that it gets to be the indulgent room. It's probably not used that often. Have fun with it. For me, my guest room is super girly for obvious reasons.

SunCB
06-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Color of your choice especially if you already have things picked out though a color MIL dislikes works too then you could get other stuff to make it go farther!

Green_Tea
06-26-2010, 10:25 AM
I say have FUN with the guest bedroom and paint it a color that you love but worry that you'd get sick of in the living room or your own bedroom. *I'd* paint it robin's egg blue, or maybe a deep slate-y purple or coral.

bubbaray
06-26-2010, 10:43 AM

:hysterical:

infomama
06-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Out guest room is a deep blue...Ralph Lauren something. It's beautiful and relaxing.

DietCokeLover
06-26-2010, 11:23 AM
I love pale yellows and pale purples. But it really depends on the color scheme of the bedding and the rest of the house.

Momof3Labs
06-26-2010, 11:45 AM
My reaction was "it depends on whether you want the guests to stay or leave!" Guess I wasn't the only one thinking alone these lines...

Corie
06-26-2010, 03:21 PM
We don't even have a bed in there yet!! But the painter is coming
next week. So I can't really match bedding/comforter etc. since we
don't have anything yet.

SunCB
06-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Guess you better start looking unless you just hope to find something to match it unless you go neutral.

dhano923
06-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Ours is a khaki color, which is nice and neutral so I can get creative with bedding and accessories. right now I have an asian inspired cornflower blue comforter set with cherry blossoms The branches are dark brown with touches of khaki here and there and the blossoms are pale pink and cream with a touch of red here and there. The bed is the only thing in there right now, but my plan is to get 2 dark brown square wooden nightstands with glass base lamps with white shades. That way, I can change the look of the room just by getting new bedding. I haven't decided if I want to get a chest of drawers yet. but if I do, it'll be the same color as the nightstands but not the same style -- I don't like it too matchy-matchy.

Momof3Labs
06-26-2010, 04:28 PM
We don't even have a bed in there yet!! But the painter is coming
next week. So I can't really match bedding/comforter etc. since we
don't have anything yet.

Then pick a beigey neutral. It's much easier to match paint to a bedding set than to pick out a bedding set to match an already-painted room.