PDA

View Full Version : If you buy your DC's eyeglasses online

MMEand1
06-26-2010, 12:03 PM
How do you know if they are going to fit? The site I'm looking at (that was rec. by many mama's here) is Zenioptical. All the kids glasses have a bridge size, frame width, and temple length. How do you know if they will fit unless you go to a store and get your DC measured? Or do you do that before you shop online? I wore glasses as a kid, but always shopped in-store. My DS just found out yesterday that he needs glasses and I'm trying to figure this all out! THANKS!

Gena
06-26-2010, 03:05 PM
If this is your child's first set of glasses, I recommend that you get a pair from a local B&M store. Then you can order a pack-up pair online, if you wish.

MMEand1
06-26-2010, 03:55 PM
We just got back from getting a pair at Eyemasters! They had an awesome deal - 2 pair for $70. They are SO cute!

jess_g
06-27-2010, 08:08 PM
Just bumbping this up as I realy hope someone can answer these questions. I would love to order a second pair of glasses for my son online but don't know how to get the measurements to do so. If anyone has ordered glasses online maybe you can post about how you got the measurements and which site you ordered from.

Jessica.

MMEand1
06-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Just bumbping this up as I realy hope someone can answer these questions. I would love to order a second pair of glasses for my son online but don't know how to get the measurements to do so. If anyone has ordered glasses online maybe you can post about how you got the measurements and which site you ordered from.

Jessica.

Thanks Jessica. I bought him some yesterday at Eyemasters, but when I went to ZeniOptical, I was unable to order some because the PD measurement that I was given is much smaller than the list on the ordering page. I'm thinking online ordering is more trouble than it is worth (although you cannot beat the prices).

noodle
06-27-2010, 08:42 PM
I watched over the shoulder of the woman who sold us DD's glasses to get the PD number. She put in a number for each eye (26), which I had to add together to get the PD number (52) to order glasses online.
Of course, I haven't actually ordered a back up pair yet....