PDA

View Full Version : Best booster/seat harness for vacation?

mdmom2b
06-26-2010, 12:46 PM
We are leaving on a trip with our 14 mo old DS and with all the gear we already have (stroller, carseat, PNP, luggage) I can't imagine lugging any kind of booster seat too. I would love something that can be used on a regular table chair (we are going to visit family) but is small/compactable for travel. Does something like that exist? I saw this one:
http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Seat-Infant-Travel/dp/B001JQLCPG
but the reviews are mixed as to whether it fits on most seats and is secure. He feeds himself now so the ability to reach the table or some sort of tray would be helpful.

I think I'm asking for the impossible, but any advice is so helpful! Getting nervous for a long grip with a very active toddler! :eek:

TwoBees
06-26-2010, 09:44 PM
I can't help, but I just wanted to tell you that you will probably get more responses in the carseat forum.

Neatfreak
06-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Ah, she's not looking for a seat for the car - a booster seat for eating instead! I haven't tried it, but I think that Phil and Ted's has a decent and fairly compact hook-on chair.

If you are going to be visiting the same family a few times over the next couple of years, something like the Fisher Price Healthy Care booster might be an option as well.

WatchingThemGrow
06-26-2010, 10:34 PM
If you are going to be visiting the same family a few times over the next couple of years, something like the Fisher Price Healthy Care booster might be an option as well.
I'd totally get that if you will be there often. OR...you could ask them if they have friends who could loan them one. My mom borrows from her other "grandma" friend. It's great! Otherwise, we have the HandySitt when we know there will not be another way to get a hc there. It's wooden, though.

mdmom2b
06-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Thanks...yes I am looking for a booster for eating, something smaller than a travel highchair. We have the FP Space Saver at my parents and I love it, but it's not practical to bring so far away. And unfortunately this is a trip we usually only make once a year so I didn't want to buy something when we get there. This is what I ended up buying...
http://www.diapers.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?productId=35910

It comes tomorrow so we will give it a try and see!:wink2:

TwoBees
06-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Ah, she's not looking for a seat for the car - a booster seat for eating instead!

Sorry OP! I should have read your post more carefully (or not half asleep).