PDA

View Full Version : What food/drink aren't you willing to give up,

ourbabygirl
06-26-2010, 02:31 PM
despite there being bad ingredients in it?

Mine are

*Yoplait yogurt (don't buy it often, since it has HFCS),
*Snickers, Milky Way Midnight, & some other candies (again, rare treats)
*Kraft Mac & Cheese (sometimes I'll have some w/DD)

What are yours? :)

mom_hanna
06-26-2010, 02:34 PM
peanut m&m's.

LD92599
06-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Diet coke, caffeine free

Melaine
06-26-2010, 02:39 PM
Well, coffee is a non-negotiable. Basically, no one better ask me to give it up.

Dr. Pepper is my problem issue. Every time I give it up, I end up going back within a few weeks. I just can't resist. HFCS is a big no-no in my house, but I still fall until it's sticky embrace.

ETA: Oh, you said unhealthy. Coffee doesn't really count, although the creamer I drown it in probably does.

hillview
06-26-2010, 02:40 PM
:bag
Diet coke.

liz
06-26-2010, 02:41 PM
splenda in my coffee, diet colas, french fries, milk chocolate. I try to eat healthy in other ways, but I won't give these up.:o

thomma
06-26-2010, 02:56 PM
diet Coke
I'm down to 2 cans a day. I won't tell you what I used to drink.
:bag

kim
ds&dd-7!

infomama
06-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Diet Coke.

Momof3Labs
06-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Diet Coke, first and foremost.

♥ms.pacman♥
06-26-2010, 03:10 PM
chocolate, in all forms. :)

ZeeBaby
06-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Diet soda. Chocolate is good for you! Lol

DebbieJ
06-26-2010, 03:21 PM
I'm a CocaCola Classic girl. Will never give it up. Tried Diet, tried Coke Zero. They're not the same.

almostamom
06-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Diet Coke without a doubt!

Linda

maylips
06-26-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm all natural regular Coke kind of gal, so I'm REALLY in the HFCS camp. And no, I don't see me giving it up.

I also like chips with my sandwich but I'm not the eat-the-whole-bag kind of gal, so that's not too bad, right? right?

daisymommy
06-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Coke Classic. One serving a week on Friday--pizza day at our house.
And the occasional candy craving--Snickers bar or gummy candy; every few months.
Oh yeah. I almost forgot about Dunkin Donughts. That's maybe once every few months.

I figure we eat really healthy every day of the week for all our meals and snacks. So one treat every several months isn't going to make me overweight or give me a heart attack.

Cam&Clay
06-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Diet Coke--it is my life. I will not admit how many I drink a day.

emily_gracesmama
06-26-2010, 03:33 PM
I've pretty much given up the diet soda but crystal light or vit water zero
are prob no better for me! I don't like to drink my calories unless it's WINE!

MelissaTC
06-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Pepsi One. I am down to one can a day and even that has been stretched since I haven't had any in the house for a week now. But I refuse to give it up. I tried and it wasn't pretty.

Kraft Mac and Cheese- M will eat nothing else but Kraft. We tried Annie's and we both spit it out. Not the same.

Penny's Pappa
06-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Mt. Dew.
Can't. Live. Without it.

egoldber
06-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Coffee no doubt.

I do like me my diet soda, but I can do without it if I need to. We basically gave up all soda when DH was laid off. But coffee, um no.

srhs
06-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Coffee (hot lattes or cold toddy)
We are going to do Feingold as a family in Aug, and I fully intend to comply with the exception of coffee.

AnnieW625
06-26-2010, 04:11 PM
I hear you on the Yoplait thing, DD1 loves yogurt (always has) and since this is the brand the milk man brings it's just easier for him to bring us 12 containers every week (or two). She and DH split it. I'll have one every so often, but I have been liking other hfcs brands too (usually from Trader Joe's) and only eat it two or three times a week. DD2 will eat a yogurt for breakfast and sometimes one with dinner too. Besides that and the Popsicle brand single popsicles not too much else comes in our house that has HFCS in it.

I don't think I could ever give up chicken, or bacon. I came pretty close to giving up ground meat a year ago when I accidently left the garage freezer open over night, was throwing away some stuff, but left some ground meat on top of the fridge for a couple of days without realizing it and went back and there were larvae all over the place; seriously the grossest thing I had ever seen in my entire life.

SnuggleBuggles
06-26-2010, 04:40 PM
When I was hardcore anti PHOs I was starving at theme parks, baseball games... or packing my own food. Now, I eat and don't think about the ingredients.

An occasional Snickers is always welcome here too.

Beth

scmama
06-26-2010, 04:56 PM
coffee: right now it's the iced kona vanilla coffee at jack n the box. Soooo good! Also, I always have a bag of skittles stashed around the house :)

MontrealMum
06-26-2010, 05:10 PM
-Pop when I'm sick. We try to buy it kosher at least.
-Stouffer's frozen mac & cheese and Kraft Deluxe mac & cheese. Yes, I can make a killer mac&cheese from scratch, but these two just say "comfort food" to me.
-Ikea hot dogs and brioche :bag their wonderful scent just fills the store...so I'm just trying to stay away from Ikea.

fauve01
06-26-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm a CocaCola Classic girl. Will never give it up. Tried Diet, tried Coke Zero. They're not the same.

:yeahthat:

DietCokeLover
06-26-2010, 05:34 PM
I would have said Diet Coke. I was drinking 5 to 6 a day. But, I quit on June 1st cold turkey. So, now I'm not sure!

c&j04
06-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Mt. Dew.
Can't. Live. Without it.

Exactly. I can go quite awhile without one but doubt I'll ever give it up completely!

kransden
06-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Coffee and I NEED chocolate occasionally.

brittone2
06-26-2010, 06:55 PM
In pregnancy I have a dr. pepper thing. I can totally resist and only have it once or twice a year otherwise, and we avoid HFCS in pretty much everything else. But in pregnancy, I have one every 2 weeks or so.

We eat a good amount of natural saturated fat...full fat creamer, full fat greek yogurt, good cheese, good butter, pastured bacon, etc. but I don't consider those forms of saturated fat unhealthy for us. But other people might raise an eyebrow ;) We embrace that stuff LOL.

I drink the occasional stevia and erythritol-sweetened soda (zevia) but the cans have BPA I'm sure. Just had ginger root bear. Yummy. I'd have no qualms except for the bpa in it. eta: I wish I could do the occasional diet coke but I get a banging headache from aspartame. I just can't do it. Worst headaches ever from it.

tarahsolazy
06-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Coke Zero, without a doubt. I call it blood volume replacement, lol.

MichelleRC
06-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Diet soda and chocolate. Non negotiable.

BabyMine
06-26-2010, 07:45 PM
All of the above and then some.

ehlana06
06-26-2010, 07:52 PM
I like to have an energy drink, usually Monster, from time to time. I drink it very rarely though. Also I am addicted to Ferrero Rocher chocolate. I must have during my time. DH knows to buy me some if he's trying to suck up ;)

elizabethkott
06-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Cadbury.
Mini.
Eggs.

It's like the saddest day of the year when 1) I realize they have taken them all off the shelves after Easter or 2) my private, secret stash is gone.

How many days until February 15th? The CVS near me usually puts all the Easter stuff out the DAY after Valentine's... not that I stalk the Mini Eggs or anything... :bag:

baymom
06-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Any form of chocolate.

DrSally
06-26-2010, 08:48 PM
I would have said Diet Coke. I was drinking 5 to 6 a day. But, I quit on June 1st cold turkey. So, now I'm not sure!

Wow! You're going to have to change your screen name. I switched to CF Diet Coke when I was preg, and then for nursing. Lately, I've been drinking iced tea instead. I find it quenches my thirst more, but the fizz in the DC was fun.

DrSally
06-26-2010, 08:50 PM
I drink the occasional stevia and erythritol-sweetened soda (zevia) but the cans have BPA I'm sure. Just had ginger root bear. Yummy. I'd have no qualms except for the bpa in it. eta: I wish I could do the occasional diet coke but I get a banging headache from aspartame. I just can't do it. Worst headaches ever from it.

When I was preg, I drank TJ's gingerale. It is in a glass bottle and has real ginger, so it helped with my nausea. IT was pretty strong though.

Penny's Pappa
06-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Exactly. I can go quite awhile without one but doubt I'll ever give it up completely!

I used to be bad about it. I mean BAD. Like, 6 cans a day bad. Like, wake up at 4am craving one bad. It's just, once it hits your lips, it's so good!

c&j04
06-26-2010, 09:22 PM
I used to be bad about it. I mean BAD. Like, 6 cans a day bad. Like, wake up at 4am craving one bad. It's just, once it hits your lips, it's so good!
When I was young and foolish, I drank more MD every day than I care to admit......while working in a health food store:)
Quit cold turkey one morning and had a headache for 10 days.

kijip
06-26-2010, 10:34 PM
there are a few things:

Frigo cheese sticks- I hate the organic ones.
Canned tomatoes- to heck with the BPA, I want sauce in the middle of winter.
Pepperidge farms Goldfish for the kids
Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream

Finally kicked the soda habit. That escalated my weight loss to the tune of 12 or so pounds. I'll take smaller pants in lieu of soda. :jammin:

LexyLou
06-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Diet Coke, though I've cut back significantly but I've replaced it with Crystal Light which is just as bad, if not more...but at least I feel like I'm drinking more water.

I'm very envious of you guys with only an occasional candy fix. If I could, without gaining weight, I would eat candy every.single.day and I'm not talking foodie high quality candy, I'm talking Red Vines and Twizzler Bites and Swedish Fish. YUM!!! I can't ever give these up. EVER!

HonoluluMom
06-27-2010, 03:29 AM
Movie theatre popcorn with lots of butter!

oneplustwo
06-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Good chocolate.
Red wine.
Premium ice cream.

ETA: Oh, I didn't see the other line about having bad ingredients. Hmm. Well, I consider the above health food. :)

salsah
06-27-2010, 06:26 PM
with bad ingredients in it? i'm not sure, even chocolate (which i could never give up) is easily available w/o bad stuff in it.

i guess i would have to go with:

coke (i don't drink it often, but sometimes i really need one.)

coffee

gummy candy

ewpmsw
06-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Diet coke, caffeine free

:yeahthat:

swissair81
06-27-2010, 08:01 PM
Fresca
Slurpees

DrSally
06-27-2010, 08:17 PM
Finally kicked the soda habit. That escalated my weight loss to the tune of 12 or so pounds. I'll take smaller pants in lieu of soda. :jammin:

Awesome! Were you drinking reg or diet (b/c I've heard both can cause weight gain. Just curious).

swrc00
06-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Cherry Coke from a fountain!

shawnandangel
06-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Pepsi - I try and try but I still go back to its loving arms
Chocolate - the milky creamy yummy kind
Mac & Cheese - Kraft and Velveeta (Which is also owned by Kraft but I had to differentiate)
oh, and
Ribs. I love bbq ribs. YUM