PDA

View Full Version : Zipper or snap-button jammies for toddlers

lchang25000
06-26-2010, 02:35 PM
With all the talk about super cheap jammies at the Gap, I went and bought some zipper (l/s) and snap-button jammies/rompers (s/s) for DS. When did your DCs stop wearing those jammies? When they started potty training? Does anyone's DCs wear them even after being potty trained? Just trying to get an idea of how far ahead I should stock up. Thanks!

SpaceGal
06-26-2010, 03:02 PM
My boys stopped wearing those once we potty-trained at around 3 years. Once we started potty training, I tried the one piece jammies and realized how much of pain it was for them and for me...so now we strictly stick with two piece jammies so they can go to the bathroom on their own.

Momof3Labs
06-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Yes, until they potty-trained, although DS2 went through a short phase this past winter where he wanted one-piece PJs again. He could still unzip them to pee standing up, so I indulged him until he moved past that phase.

viba424
06-26-2010, 05:58 PM
lchang - I want to go shopping with you sometime. I think we think alike. :boogie:

lchang25000
06-26-2010, 08:26 PM
lchang - I want to go shopping with you sometime. I think we think alike. :boogie:

:ROTFLMAO: We totally should someday!! :D For some reason, I think you're on the East coast right...or is it Chicago?

viba424
06-26-2010, 10:56 PM
chicago :thumbsup: you?

lchang25000
06-26-2010, 11:03 PM
chicago :thumbsup: you?

Orem, Utah...just south of SLC. I know, boring compared to Chicago, huh? :p I'm a big city girl though. Lived in Dallas and Los Angeles before moving here for DH's job.

maybeebaby08
06-26-2010, 11:26 PM
DD stopped wearing them around 15 months because she would unzip herself and take them off, so she'd get cold.

Smillow
06-27-2010, 12:09 AM
So, should I rethink my plan to stock up on the Little Me zip up footed sleepers@ Costco?

DS is 16 months old & I was going to get stocked up on 2Ts & 3Ts (he fits into the 2Ts now). I plan on starting to PT @ 18 months - daytime - and we will see how it goes (he has a pretty regular late afternoon BM). Just wondering...

boltfam
06-27-2010, 05:44 PM
DS always leaked through at night in one-piece rompers starting at about 18 mo., so we only do 2-pc jammies for him. I think the rompers pushed on his diaper in just the wrong spot.

swissair81
06-27-2010, 06:55 PM
I kept my dd in zip up pjs until she stopped taking her pajamas off by herself. When she started taking them off, I cut the feet off & put them on her backwards. We did that for about a year. I started with 2 piece pjs at about 2.5.

citymama
06-27-2010, 08:32 PM
DD was daytime PTed by 2, but not nighttime trained till close to 3. She wore fleece zip-up jammies to bed until about 2.5 (we have cool nights here about 350 nights of the year!). She started to wear Hanna LJs around 2, and would pick them over zipper jammies anytime she had the chance, and after about 2.5, refused to wear zip-up jammies.

lilhilly
06-28-2010, 09:11 PM
My DS, who is nearly 5, demanded "footie pajamas" all last winter. It may be a boy/girl thing -- not such a big deal for a boy to unzip zipper pajamas and pee standing up, bigger deal for a girl to unzip them, pull them down, sit down without dropping the sleeves into the toilet, and then put them back on again, etc., etc., etc...

DD, who just turned 3 and has been PT'ed since January, still wears Hanna zippers and wore fleece one-piece pajamas last winter. She tends to make it through the whole night dry, though, so the logistics of the whole thing aren't really put to the test.

KrisM
06-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Huh. DS1 is 6 and wanted to wear footed fleece pajamas last winter. I had a tough time finding them (Target). He's been fully PT'd for quite a while now.

DD is 4 and not nighttime trained yet and wore them last year by choice. She put them on herself, so I think she could manage if she PTs.

DS2 had no real choice and wore them last year as well.

swissair81
06-28-2010, 09:20 PM
Huh. DS1 is 6 and wanted to wear footed fleece pajamas last winter. I had a tough time finding them (Target). He's been fully PT'd for quite a while now.

My 7 year old wanted footy pajamas last winter. Carters carries them up to a size 7.