PDA

View Full Version : How strict is B&N with returns?

JTsMom
06-26-2010, 03:25 PM
I had the brilliant idea to re-buy a book from Amazon after I bought it from B&N since it was $8 less, and figured I would return the B&N one. Great, except that I never got around to doing it, it's been about a month, and I see the return policy states 14 days with a receipt, and no returns/exchanges without one. Yikes! So instead of saving $8, I wasted $20. Do they actually enforce that policy, or has anyone had luck returning without a receipt?

PMJ
06-26-2010, 03:28 PM
It all depends on the person you get. Books are usually 30 days though - why does it say 14 days.? that's only for cd's etc.

Try it, at least you can say, "I don't mind getting a gift card to the store" for that amount. (That way they are still not losing the $$$)

ett
06-26-2010, 05:18 PM
It all depends on the person you get. Books are usually 30 days though - why does it say 14 days.? that's only for cd's etc.

They changed their return policy a while ago so it's only 14 days for everything.

NN317
06-26-2010, 07:57 PM
It will depend on the manager. Sometimes, if the book is still current & in new condition, they will allow you to do an exchange only past the 14 days.