PDA

View Full Version : Nothing like the last minute....

HIU8
06-26-2010, 05:04 PM
DS starts camp on Monday. TODAY I realized that he has 1 bathing suit that fits and NO rashguards that fit (Feel like a BAD mommy right now). DS needs 2 bathing suits and 2 rash guards every day (morning lessons and afternoon free swim). Guess I'm off to Target tomorrow to shop (and maybe Kohl's as well....). AND, realized today that DD needs bigger underwear.

Boy, I really feel like I'm on the ball.............................................

belovedgandp
06-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Totally understand.

DC3 baptism is tomorrow. I've obsessed about getting new outfit for me and shirt/tie for DH. Pressed the gown for baby earlier this week. Just realized this afternoon that the older two boys need to look presentable tomorrow too.

AshleyAnn
06-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Are rashguards the norm in summer camps now? Just curious. We didn't have them when I went to summer camp 15ish years ago and they aren't very popular here at public pools.

It happens to all of us.

HIU8
06-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Most of the kids around here wear them.

MolieMuts
06-26-2010, 09:31 PM
I waited until two days before swim lessons to buy a rashguard for DS.:bag I didn't have much luck at Target, one store had only size 10/12 and the other one didn't have any. I ended up getting one at Osh Kosh.

Rashguards are the norm around here also.

I am still looking for a store that has plain ones without logos or ugly pictures all over them.

PAfirsttimemom
06-27-2010, 03:09 PM
I was at Old Navy yesterday, and they had a large selection of swim trunks and rash guards on sale for $10 plus the whole store was 30% off (plus you can take an extra 10% if you have an ON card). I didn't have enough time to pick them out for DSs, so I'm hoping the sale is still in effect today or tomorrow, when I can get there again.

niccig
06-28-2010, 04:58 AM
I did the same with DS's camp and his crocs. They have to take sandals to wear to the pool, rest of the time he has to have sneakers. The night before we tried on his crocs from last year and they were too small - but I showed him how to flip the band from the heel to sit on the top, and they could still be worn for ONE day. I did same dash to get him some flip flops.