PDA

View Full Version : Strollers for WDW

lhafer
06-26-2010, 10:29 PM
I have read through the threads regarding strollers for Disney, and still can't make up my mind!

We will be going last week of Novemeber, beginning of December. We will most likely be driving, so airports won't be an issue. We will most likely be staying at the Hilton hotel in Downtown Disney so transportation will most likely be our car or the bus.

My kids will be 4.5 years old and a 9 month old. A stroller is a must for the baby obviously. My 4 year old still likes to be "driven around" in a stroller, and I know she will get tired and want to ride a lot.

I currently have a BJCC single and a Baby Planet single stroller in my collection. Both are on the heavier side. The BJCC can be bulky/heavy when folded. My Baby Planet is 17 pounds, and folds up like an umbrella stroller. They both have great canopies for good shade coverage, and both fully recline for sleeping.

I am trying to decide if a double would work better for WDW. My husband and I probably won't split up (unless he's on a ride with my 4 year old). I am thinking about renting a BJCMD from a 3rd party that rents a lot to Disney. They also have BJCM singles/doubles, BJCC singles/doubles. I do not want to buy a double just for this trip.

Would singles be better? Would MY singles be better? Would it be better to take, say the Baby Planet, and get something else off Craigslist (Maclaren, etc).

Suggestions????

ETA: I have an Ergo I will also be taking to wear the baby as well.

emily_gracesmama
06-26-2010, 10:38 PM
My dear Disney guru and cyber friend from this board( hi Courtney) suggested the Maclaren for my 5 year old. Disney is so much walking that I totally expect her to need a rest and the Mac is good for taller kids which she is. I got the quest on clearance from diapers.com so with cashback from bing it was around $100. I got the one with the full recline. I expect we will also take our. Peg p3 for the younger one which also has the step bar the older one can use and then I can always stick my bag in the stroller if Emily isn't riding in it. One thing to note is the buses make you collapse your stroller and the monorail doesn't which is HUGE. I will never stay at Non monorail hotel with kids in strollers again unless I have extra help such as grandparents. If one kid falls asleep you have to juggle carrying them while collApsing a stroller not fun!

clc053103
06-27-2010, 04:31 PM
Hey, I'm Jen's cyber( and real life!) friend, Courtney!

ITA that a Maclaren is awesome for older kids- our DS doesn't nap or even lay down in the stroller anymore so we went with a Volo which has no recline since it's the lightest and has a shoulder strap for carrying on and off buses, etc.

I think I would go get a maclaren for older child and use the Baby Planet for younger one- I def think if you have two to push, two singles are better than a double for WDW. If you really prefer to rent, I would definitely consider the BJCM. The BJCS IMO would be a total pain on the buses.

hillview
06-27-2010, 05:39 PM
We took a BJCM and Mac Quest for our 2 and 4 year old and they were GREAT!
/hillary

lhafer
06-30-2010, 10:05 AM
Hey, I'm Jen's cyber( and real life!) friend, Courtney!

ITA that a Maclaren is awesome for older kids- our DS doesn't nap or even lay down in the stroller anymore so we went with a Volo which has no recline since it's the lightest and has a shoulder strap for carrying on and off buses, etc.

I think I would go get a maclaren for older child and use the Baby Planet for younger one- I def think if you have two to push, two singles are better than a double for WDW. If you really prefer to rent, I would definitely consider the BJCM. The BJCS IMO would be a total pain on the buses.

Which type of Maclaren? We are now thinking flying may be better (not totally more expensive, faster, and safer).

If I have the Baby planet for the baby, and which Maclaren should I get for my 4 year old?

DebbieJ
06-30-2010, 11:05 AM
We were just at WDW earlier this month.

I took our P3 for the 9 month old and the Mac Volo for the 6 yo. Both worked out great! Those were the strollers we already owned so I didn't buy anything new.

I had the Mac organizer on the Volo and this organizer http://www.amazon.com/Sunshine-Kids-Stroller-Accessory-Buggy/dp/B000SMWUPS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1277910298&sr=8-1 on the P3 and they were really handy to have.

alien_host
06-30-2010, 11:07 AM
We used the Maclaren Triumph for my 5 year old this May. I'm so glad the mamas on this board convinced me to bring it...it was a life saver!

I've had our Triumph for 4 years now so we didn't buy a new one but it was a great stroller for and we used it a lot from maybe 10 months to 3.5 years and then we stopped b/c she wanted to walk at the mall etc.

clc053103
06-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Our Mac is the Volo as well- it doesn't recline, but it's lightweight, has a shoulder carrying strap, and is easy to fold- great for older kids that need a lift and aren't napping in them, and you can carry or stow under the other stroller if not in use. If your 4 yo isn't going to nap in it, this may be the best bet. It's also the least expensive Mac.

lhafer
06-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Can you tell me which Maclaren this is? http://houston.craigslist.org/bab/1817116054.html

And is it a good price?

clc053103
07-01-2010, 12:46 PM
I am no Mac expert, but it looks like a triumph- you get a similar one new at Albeebaby for $109.99- may be a better deal

http://www.albeebaby.com/maclaren-triumph-stroller-coffee-pink-bubbles.html

emily_gracesmama
07-06-2010, 06:10 PM
It's a triumph we got it's still in the box but waiting for WDW!

lhafer
07-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Well, I think I have found the perfect solution to my stroller problems!!

We changed our minds and will be flying to WDW. So I will need to purchase a travel bag for my BJ. But I have decided to take my BJCC as my main stroller for the baby. I love it, it folds up well, a bit heavy but I can deal! I managed to purchase a clearance Volo for $60!!

So when we are at the park I will have 2 strollers, but found a solution! The volo is light enough to hang from my BJCC without any issues. I already had the hooks. So when my 4 year wants to ride she can, and when she wants to walk we can do this with the stroller:

zag95
07-12-2010, 06:11 PM
just curious- where did you get the hooks for your "Disney" strollers?!! Looks great!

WatchingThemGrow
07-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Wow...Seriously...we are going in Oct/Nov and I have seriously considering doing the SAME thing, with sister strollers. BJCED and Triumph. What hooks are they? I was thinking kinda under/between the seats, but if that works and we won't need to go through lots of doors with it, you may have just solved my problem!

lhafer
07-12-2010, 06:49 PM
I got them when I ordered my sunshine kids console. You get 2 of them.
http://www.amazon.com/Hook-Stroll-Stroller-Accessory-Black/dp/B00158DS0U/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

If you are wanting to hold a heavier stroller like the triumoh, then I would try these out: http://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Stroller-Wheelchair-Walker-Rollator/dp/B002MXP3SM/ref=pd_sim_ba_32

The black hooks have a max wgy of 11lbs. Not sure what the max wgt is for these, but they are made out of metal.