PDA

View Full Version : Should I return this swim suit?

infomama
06-27-2010, 10:14 AM
I have no idea why I am pining over the return of this swim suit so I need a push...

Bought Dd2 a suit at Costco. Held it up to her and it looked fine. Washed it, line dry and put it in her drawer. Yesterday my mom commented on how she is 'just about gown out of' the suit I just bought her..she has wore it once.

Return or no.

JBaxter
06-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Can you? In Maryland once it has been worn and that "paper strip" is out of the crotch its like underwear non returnable.

infomama
06-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Even at Costco?

hillview
06-27-2010, 10:55 AM
I wouldn't. Since she wore it. Unless it shrank 2 sizes and you didn't put it in the dryer or something like that (faulty behavior).
/hillary

KrisM
06-27-2010, 10:57 AM
So you didn't try it on her until after you washed it? If so, I wouldn't return it. I'd chalk it up to my mistake of not making sure I had the right size to start. If you did try it on and it shrunk and was washed properly, I'd return it.

JBaxter
06-27-2010, 10:57 AM
nope its some type of law I think. I mean think about it would you want to buy used underwear? Bathing suites are basicly the same thing.
Besides you have already washed it how can you return a washed item?

TwinFoxes
06-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Did it shrink or you just bought the wrong size? If it shrunk I'd return it. If not, I'd keep it and have her wear while she can.

infomama
06-27-2010, 11:01 AM
OK..I won't return it. I didn't try it on her after I washed it. I figured I judged the size correctly in the store which I apparently did not. I'm pretty sure it didn't shrink (cold wash, line dry) so it was probably me.
To the donation pile it goes...live and learn.

infomama
06-27-2010, 11:03 AM
Besides you have already washed it how can you return a washed item?
Costco will take anything back. Not sure if my state has a law over riding that, though. Ours has racks that say 'sellable' and 'unable to resell'. Guess the suit would go on the latter if I decided to return it

caleymama
06-27-2010, 11:42 AM
I wouldn't return it. I'd chalk it up to my mistake of not making sure I had the right size to start. If you did try it on and it shrunk and was washed properly, I'd return it.

:yeahthat:

I'd hang onto it to hand down or pass it on to someone else that could use it now.

happymom
06-27-2010, 12:35 PM
I don't know if I agree. I would probably bring it back and tell them exactly what happened. They will probably take it back anyways because that is their policy. I don't see why you have to go above and beyond when their policy is to take things back no matter what. Just tell them the truth and see what they say.

spunkybaby
06-27-2010, 05:43 PM
I don't know if I agree. I would probably bring it back and tell them exactly what happened. They will probably take it back anyways because that is their policy. I don't see why you have to go above and beyond when their policy is to take things back no matter what. Just tell them the truth and see what they say.
:yeahthat:

Costco has a great return policy. That's why we love shopping there!

daniele_ut
06-27-2010, 06:00 PM
In that situation, I would absolutely not return it. I'm an aggressive returner, and if it had a hole, or had some other defect then I would consider it, but it was the OP's error and the item isn't in resale condition, so I wouldn't be comfortable returning it.

infomama
06-27-2010, 06:09 PM
I've decided to take it back to Costco and compare it to another size 4. If it looks markedly smaller then I will ask for a return. I washed it in cold, line dry. If it's the same then it's my $12 mistake.

khm
06-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Is it one of the Speedo ones? They do run small!!

We had a 7 which is her size, got it home and had her try it on over her underwear whilst trying to not damage it because it was hooked together top to bottom. It was way too small, returned it (with tags) for an 8, and looking at again, I still wish it was a bit bigger, especially the bottoms. But I'm sure a larger size would have been way too big. Sigh.

I, personally, would not bother. I'd feel crappy, even though they may or may not "care" it just doesn't seem right to make returns when it's not at all their fault. I'd pass it on to a friend and not give it another thought. :) That's just me though.

infomama
06-27-2010, 06:33 PM
Ya, it's one of the Speedo ones and I know they run small. Dd1 is almost 7 and she wears a 10 Speedo (8 other suits) as she is very tall. The reason I thought to compare it to another 4 was in case it was cut wrong. Not #1 on my priority list though.