PDA

View Full Version : Lopsided baby bump

luckytwenty
06-27-2010, 06:42 PM
I am wondering if it's my anatomy or if everyone else has this too: a totally lopsided belly. The baby is ALWAYS on my right side. I remember this with my other pregnancies, too (though not always the right--just often gravitating to one side or the other.) It makes my belly button look crooked! You never see the models in the pregnancy magazines looking all askew, of course. :-P

Melaine
06-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Oh yeah, I was. But I had twins in there. There were actually significantly more stretch marks on my right side, which always seemed to be jutting out more. I always wondered why that was, because as much as they wiggled around it always seemed to end up lopsided again.

swissair81
06-27-2010, 06:44 PM
My bump too. Not only is it lopsided, but sometimes it is seriously square. And you can see LO kick from across a room. It was so noticable in one of my pregnancies, that my friend's husband noticed (and he is not the type to stare.)

luckytwenty
06-27-2010, 07:03 PM
Glad I am not the only one. I'd say my belly is more potato-shaped than round OR square. I'll have to see what kind of stretch marks I end up with this time.

LadyPeter
06-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Interesting. I'm also due in November, and I just noticed this today! I'm lopsided and lumpy. Right side is definitely his favorite.

swissair81
06-27-2010, 07:16 PM
Glad I am not the only one. I'd say my belly is more potato-shaped than round OR square. I'll have to see what kind of stretch marks I end up with this time.

Unless I get absolutely huge this time or have a MUCH bigger baby, I probably won't get more stretch marks. I think all of my stretch marks are from my 1st pregnancy. That doesn't make them any prettier though.

luckytwenty
06-27-2010, 07:31 PM
Unless I get absolutely huge this time or have a MUCH bigger baby, I probably won't get more stretch marks. I think all of my stretch marks are from my 1st pregnancy. That doesn't make them any prettier though.

I don't want to scare you, but...with my first pregnancy they all came out halfway through. I didn't get any during my second. BUT the day after my c-section when I was allowed to shower for the first time, I made the mistake of looking in the mirror in my hospital bathroom (avoid that temptation!!) and there were brand new bright red stretch marks, all kind of in the same area where my first set were. Now they are all faded and shiny with no new ones (and I'm big already--and my skin is super itchy and tight) but I have a feeling I'm due for more zebra-striped hips. Sigh.

swissair81
06-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Ha, you can't scare me. I'm on pregnancy number 4. I feel like an old vet by now. I escaped the curse of the stretch marks with both #2 & #3. I did get hemorrhoids the last time, but they went away. I much more afraid of hemorrhoids & varicose veins. So far, so good...

ewpmsw
06-27-2010, 07:44 PM
Lopsided tummy here, too. DC can't decide which side she wants to be on, though. I could swear she's trying to come out my bellybutton half the time.

swissair81
06-27-2010, 07:46 PM
My 20 month old keeps picking up my shirt, patting my stomach & saying BELLY (really loudly). He also gets lots of play value out of my belly button. My girls think it's hilarious.

wellyes
06-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Big old lump, always on the right.

What this means for me based on 3rd trimester ultrasound + midwife's measuring is that baby is head-down, back/spine against the left, lump = feet.

newg
06-27-2010, 08:08 PM
sitting here on the couch looking down at a lopsided belly!! She loves to curl up on the right side.....my left side is totally squishy but the right is rock hard when she does this.
I use to love sleeping on my right side at night but I can't anymore because she's doing this to me......and she's def. head down on the rightside.

luckytwenty
06-28-2010, 09:03 AM
I was breech at 16 weeks--maybe the right side thing means he's head down. (Will find out--another u/s tomorrow.)

Swissair, didn't realize this was #4! You're def. a vet by now. My third so far has been a zillion times easier than #2, which was the hardest, and even easier than #1. :-) Guess my body knows what it's doing this time.

swissair81
06-28-2010, 11:10 AM
#2 was my hardest also. I was stunned when they told me she was a girl, my first 2 pregnancies were so different.

luckytwenty
06-28-2010, 11:35 AM
That's funny. I always thought #2 was so tough and #1 & now #3 are so easy because of that old wives' tale about girls "stealing your beauty" and all that (which I realize is probably BS.) Maybe it's just a second time around the block thing. Either way, I'm glad it's easier this time!