PDA

View Full Version : Um, seriously?

ewpmsw
06-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Just a vent, to be filed under the category of 'Things a Husband Should Not Say to 8 mos Pregnant Wife After She's Spent the Afternoon Cleaning Tubs, Toilets and Bathrooms':

"God forbid you should have to bend over and pick something up." (After he's knocked that something down the stairs and left it sitting.)

:irked:

boltfam
06-27-2010, 07:53 PM
If only HE could be pregnant! Comments like that always ticked me off! :32:

swissair81
06-27-2010, 07:56 PM
MEN. Seriously.

newg
06-27-2010, 08:04 PM
I swear I wish I could put these extra lbs on DH for a day with some swollen feet and everything else I deal with.......and then ask him to make dinner and take care of DD and the house.

He took care of DD all day yesterday, plus got dinner prepared, and I think the man had to crawl up the stairs for bed........and that's without being pregnant!!

swissair81
06-27-2010, 08:07 PM
My pet peeve is that DH refuses to change any diapers. Does anyone know how to keep a 20 month old monkey boy from kicking me in the stomach & flipping over every single time I change his diaper? I don't & I am looking at having 3 sets of diapers to change. I think I may have to find a way to change my DH's POV, because it stinks.

KrisM
06-27-2010, 08:10 PM
My pet peeve is that DH refuses to change any diapers. Does anyone know how to keep a 20 month old monkey boy from kicking me in the stomach & flipping over every single time I change his diaper? I don't & I am looking at having 3 sets of diapers to change. I think I may have to find a way to change my DH's POV, because it stinks.

Put him on the floor. Either put one of your legs over his stomach (lightly, of course) or sit at his head and put your legs over his arms. I like the first version best, but friends do the second.

elizabethkott
06-27-2010, 08:10 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! NO HE DI'N'T!

I would start knocking things over with my belly and asking him sweetly to please pick it up for me.
All. The. Time.
And only items that belong to him.
:icon_twisted:

DrSally
06-27-2010, 08:11 PM
What?!!.......

BeccaB.
06-27-2010, 09:46 PM
So how hard did you smack him?

Roni
06-28-2010, 05:50 AM
Grrrrrr. Wow! How insensititve! I feel for you.

LadyPeter
06-28-2010, 08:42 AM
As the Sweet Potato Queens say, "Some men just won't rest until you kill 'em."

luckytwenty
06-28-2010, 12:45 PM
OMG, I can't even imagine how livid I would be.

Mine is used to me saying, "I can't get off the couch. Incubating is exhausting!" so I don't think he'd expect me to lean over at 8 months pregnant and pick anything up!! :-P

ewpmsw
06-28-2010, 02:20 PM
No smacks, just a fast-spoken, huge guilt trip that lasted several minutes and included every single thing I'd done over the past several days, the fact that I'm carrying his second child and running around after the first, it's too hot in our house, several cuss words, lots of glaring, more cuss words... I think his only comeback was something about being a martyr.

Martyr?!?! Well... Yeah!

catroddick
06-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Hope he likes cereal and dirty underwear. 'Cause I would be DONE cooking and cleaning for him. Pregnant or not.