PDA

View Full Version : What water bottles do your kids use?

jess_g
06-28-2010, 09:24 AM
I need some ideas to get my kids to drink more water. I thought maybe some fun water bottles would work. Any ideas on what to get? I would need at least 4 since I don't do the dishes every day so cost is an issue. Also my oldest will only drink with a straw so the top must have a straw.

Thanks,

Jessica.

crl
06-28-2010, 09:35 AM
DS uses Klean Kanteens (sports top, no straw) and stainless steel camel bak (bite valve, kind of like a straw)

Catherine

brittone2
06-28-2010, 09:46 AM
KKs. They also have crocodile creek bottles (party favor from a friend) that are our backup. (I think the CC ones are kinda flimsy)

A friend's DC has the camelback SS bottle w/ bite valve PP mentioned and I like those a lot, but we don't own one.

egoldber
06-28-2010, 09:49 AM
My older DD uses this one:

http://www.thermos.com/product_details.aspx?ProdID=973&CatCode=HYDR

Inexpensive, easy to use, easy for her to open and re-fill herself and easy to clean.

I don't wash our water bottles every day, I usually just rinse them out and wipe the top.

belovedgandp
06-28-2010, 09:55 AM
My older DD uses this one:

http://www.thermos.com/product_details.aspx?ProdID=973&CatCode=HYDR

Inexpensive, easy to use, easy for her to open and re-fill herself and easy to clean.

I don't wash our water bottles every day, I usually just rinse them out and wipe the top.

I think I have this exact one from Target for my 6 and 3 year old. They seems to work great. I also have a couple ss ones I use for myself from Costco that we share at the pool and such.

KpbS
06-28-2010, 09:59 AM
DS uses Klean Kanteens (sports top, no straw) and stainless steel camel bak (bite valve, kind of like a straw)

Catherine

Do the sports tops leak? Their website says they are not leakproof.

brittone2
06-28-2010, 10:02 AM
Our sport tops will leak if upside down or tipped way over. But for us that hasn't really been a big deal.

daisymommy
06-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Kleen Kanteens and Thermos FunTainers. They both will only drink water if it's cold, so for us, metal works best. They also really like the characters on the Thermos ones.

maestramommy
06-29-2010, 07:18 AM
I found some BPA free plastic bottles at the Target, in the section where they sell lunch boxes. They have a folding spout attached to a straw, and were only 3.99.