PDA

View Full Version : Whole Raisins in DD poop

diamond
06-28-2010, 10:32 AM
My daughter is 16 months old and weighs 23 pounds. She loves to eat raisins. I give her sunkist from the box and I see that in her poop there are whole raisins as they went in. Have you guys who have kids who eat raisins seen this happen? Is she getting any nutrition of the raisins? or are they just passing in and out? Is it too early for her to eat them? Should I cook them for her? In fact I put some when I am cooking her oatmeal, dont remember if the cooked ones came out too. Any suggestions? ty

hillview
06-28-2010, 10:42 AM
My kids did this. I passed on the raisins for a few weeks and tried again. I think they are not getting anything out of the rasins.
/hillary

hobie
06-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Very normal, raisins are good if you are constipated.

sidmand
06-28-2010, 12:49 PM
I think that's pretty common. DS never ate raisins so I wasn't prepared when DD's came out in her poop...but then I thought I remembered that that often happened.

twowhat?
06-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Sounds totally normal. Wanna really freak yourself out with poop? Feed your kids kiwi fruit. Those little seeds come right out, like a swarm of tiny black bugs.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
06-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Totally normal!

ourbabygirl
06-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Yeah, we've had this happen and it always happens to DD with corn, too (whole pieces end up in the #2 in her diaper)... pretty weird!

ewpmsw
06-28-2010, 02:34 PM
DD has adored raisins since we started feeding her solids, and we often see them in her diapers. The pediatrician gave them the okay, and I feel like they're healthier than "canny" and the other junk DD would probably prefer. She has trouble going, so there is that benefit, too.

DrSally
06-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Yep, it happens. Corn too.

Dream
06-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Its normal, DD at 21months still pass whole raisins. She loves raisins and most of the time I have to bribe her with raisins so she doesn't scream and throw up.

sunshine873
06-28-2010, 04:05 PM
If it's not normal, then we're right along with you. Like pp's have said: raisins, corn, and the kiwi seeds are pretty funny too! We've been having a lot of blueberries here and yup, you've guessed it. Blue-tinged poop!

randomkid
06-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Yep, totally normal. We would get whole raisins and whole blueberries (well, halves because I used to cut her blueberries at that age). I used to soften DD's raisins by boiling water, set it off the heat, then throw in the raisins for a few minutes. I did it to make eating them easier and safer - still think they mostly came out whole, though!