PDA

View Full Version : laundry detergent

prats
06-28-2010, 10:57 AM
which laundry detergent should i use to wash my baby's(newborn) clothes?

tmahanes
06-28-2010, 11:04 AM
We use All free & clear and haven't had any problems at all!

lizzywednesday
06-28-2010, 11:20 AM
I use Up & Up (Target's house brand) perfume & dye free for HE washers with OxyClean free, and the occasional pretreat with Resolve or Dreft (or both) for my DD and I. (my skin is v. sensitive!)

In the dryer, I use dryer balls instead of softener sheets.

No problems so far & she's almost 4 months.

TwoBees
06-28-2010, 12:06 PM
We use All free & clear and haven't had any problems at all!

:yeahthat:

SnuggleBuggles
06-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Free and clear here too. I much prefer to use one of the slightly more natural brands out there b/c I am a fan of fewer chemicals next to baby's skin. We use no fabric softener either. Skip the Dreft and other baby detergents- perfumes and dyes aren't great.

Beth

oneontheway
06-28-2010, 12:28 PM
I've used the HE Kirkland free and clear brand when my guys were little and was happy with it.

BabyMine
06-28-2010, 02:39 PM
We use Biokleen and vinegar.

ourbabygirl
06-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Anyone know if All Free & Clear comes in powder form? The liquid form in the big bottle that tilts on its side just gets really messy for me (the cup gets really goopy from the extra detergent).

Thanks!

hillview
06-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Amazon carries it in powder
http://www.amazon.com/All-Laundry-Detergent-Allergen-Fighter/dp/B000I62ITM
/hillary

tmahanes
06-28-2010, 08:15 PM
Anyone know if All Free & Clear comes in powder form? The liquid form in the big bottle that tilts on its side just gets really messy for me (the cup gets really goopy from the extra detergent).

Thanks!

I just throw the cup in with the wash! I also forgot to add earlier that I use snuggle free dryer sheets!

amldaley
06-28-2010, 08:20 PM
I am completely in love with Country Save.

Phosphate free, environmentally safe, safe for sensitive skin, great on cloth diapers, stands up in cold water...I could go on and on. Unscented. No animal testing. And it is SUPER affordable!

http://www.countrysave.com/

edurnemk
06-28-2010, 08:33 PM
We started out with Dreft. After a few months I started using our "regular" detergent for him, too. We use Ecos or Planet Green, and vinegar in the wash (1/4 cup, and then dilute it to max level of washer). Both DS and I have sensitive skin and we've never had a problem.

katydid1971
06-28-2010, 08:46 PM
I am completely in love with Country Save.

Phosphate free, environmentally safe, safe for sensitive skin, great on cloth diapers, stands up in cold water...I could go on and on. Unscented. No animal testing. And it is SUPER affordable!

http://www.countrysave.com/

Me too. I've tried others and keep coming back to Country Save. FWIW DD dermatologist said the most important think for super sensitive skin is double rinses.

ourbabygirl
06-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks! :thumbsup:

hillview
06-28-2010, 09:23 PM
LOVE Charlie's soap!
http://www.charliesoap.com/
/hillary

ett
06-28-2010, 10:18 PM
We use Purex free and clear.

newg
06-28-2010, 10:19 PM
I use Tide free and clear and Bounce free and clear dryer sheets. I did a double rinse cycle to make sure the detergent was completely out.

Katigre
06-28-2010, 10:25 PM
We use 7th Generation Free and Clear for all of our laundry.

At the very least I would look for something dye-free/perfume-free because those things are often sensitivity triggers.

prats
06-29-2010, 09:37 AM
Thanks everyone for your response..............i think i will go and get ALL free n clear today!!

amldaley
06-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Me too. I've tried others and keep coming back to Country Save. FWIW DD dermatologist said the most important think for super sensitive skin is double rinses.

I totally agree with the double rinse.

I have a lot of chemical sensitivities and environmental allergies. I specially bought a washer with the "extra rinse" setting and I use it for every load of clothes.

That, combined with Country Save and vinegar in a Downy Ball, I think has been the winning formula for us!

KHF
07-01-2010, 10:33 AM
We recently switched from All Free & Clear to Charlie's Soap...we also discontinued all use of fabric softener then. The All F&C worked fine for clearing up DD's eczema issues, but DS seems to be more sensitive than she is.

I haven't tried Country Save, but may at some point just to see the difference between that and Charlies. I like the Charlie's because I haven't had to do *anything* with any type of softener. After the first 2-3 washes in Charlie's the clothes were way soft enough.

I actually came across a shirt that was buried in my dresser the other day that had been washed with softener and I couldn't wear it the smell was so strong! My nose had become so acclimated to the scent that I couldn't even smell it any more.